192 Hours Quit Cold Turkey today Sunday 26th January 2020 Anno Domini by Mr John David Baker sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's syndrome and adult ADHD

BeautifulAspie1970

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Believe us when we tell you that it gets easier.

Not so as you will notice much at first but, soon.

You have power over each and every crave and trigger and needn't let addiction rule you any longer.

Thank you, @sazerac. I'm mindful of my own inner strength and I use a lot of willpower reaching for my peppermints rather than money to buy cigarettes, which taste and smell like cow dung. I'm so happy I discovered Quit Train on Google. And I love my mints that my Jehovah's witness friend Michelle bought me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Hey BA....look at All those cow dung smelly cigs you haven't smoked !!!!   Great job !!!!

cow-dung-cake-500x500.jpg

Awesome! From Beautiful Aspie 1970. I never wish to smoke that garbage again. I never had the support from Quitnet.com that I get from Quit Train. I love the way you guys believe in Cold Turkey to quit smoking. I did have some fab fun on the quitnet.com website, though!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BeautifulAspie1970 said:

I love the way you guys believe in Cold Turkey to quit smoking. 

There is a plethora of mis-information out there about Cold Turkey, much of it perpetuated by drug companies. 

Many health workers, including physicians, are ill-informed or mis-informed about quitting in general, Cold Turkey specifically.

That being said, there is no wrong way to quit and there a plenty of successful quits that depended on NRTs.

I chose Cold Turkey because of the simplicity, the expense (FREE) and the immediacy of getting nicotine out of my body and out of my life.

Joel Spitzer was the first one (and certainly the only comprehensive one) that I found with consistent and accurate information on quitting Cold Turkey.

But, no matter how you quit, Joel's resources are invaluable in understanding nicotine addiction and staying nicotine free.

We are lucky to have Joel Spitzer's Quitting Library here.

• Like 3

I am reaching the completion of Day 8 nicotine free cold turkey. I've just had a lovely diabetes-friendly cup of strong hot tea (Trainings) as a hot beverage and a sugar free peppermint. I've had my fair share of Sainsbury's Diet Cola sodas today too. Water may be better tomorrow.

• Like 5