I was desperate !!

QueenB

I was desperate.... It was mind boggling and I didn't have any answers!! It seemed as though everyone else around

me knew how to but I didn't!!!! Oh how frustrating I felt, how is it possible for them and not ME!!! I did it exactly the way they said to do it. Nothing.

I'm stronger than that person, I know it should have worked!!( I said to myself)  She's not really trying hard and its working for her!  What's the deal?  Why not me?

Well.....until I went WAY DOWN inside of me and made a FIRM, NO TURNING BACK DECISION to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!!!  Did it begin to work!!!   I couldn't believe it!

IT WAS WORKING FOR ME!!!!!! Day after day, it was working. Don't get me wrong...some days I  had to fight like HECK!! But It is so worth the fight!!! Just a few lines to encourage

those coming through the ranks to not give up on yourself!!!! YOU can make this journey If you only believe !!!!

Edited by QueenB
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

My thinking was like yours @QueenB.  I just could not quit.  I even became resolved to the fact that I would die of a smoking related illness.  Is that sad?  I was resolved to the fact I was killing myself! I tried everything to quit and was never successful.  I accidentally came across this forum and found a whole cheering section.  These people let me know that I had the

power to do it.  I feel as if they took my hands and guided me to the finish line.  If you are lurking on the forum, know that we are here to help you find success.  You can quit. 

• Like 8

The higher the price the sweeter the prize.

When the price is paid in agony & doubt the payoff becomes a treasure.

You do not quit.  You change...habits, perspectives, values.  

"Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as being stuck somewhere you don't belong."  - Mandy Hale

"Change is never painful.  Only the resistance to change is painful" - Siddhartha Gautama  <== I like this quote but I've not evolved far enough to walk that way.

• Like 7