72 hours quit cold turkey by Mr John David Baker sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger's syndrome and adult ADHD.

BeautifulAspie1970

You are doing SO great !  We are all so happy for you.

How are you feeling ?  Are you switching up some patterns ?

I saw you posted about your diabetes, you are going to feel SO much better and be so much healthier without cigarettes

check this out,

Smokers Who Face Even Higher Risks From Smoking

• Like 3

I feel like I've achieved something. This is the first time I've received my personal allowance from my Carers and not squandered it on cigarettes. I've still got two purple twenty pound notes in my drawer of my bedside cabinet. This morning, at about sevenish, I shall be four days quit cold turkey!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BeautifulAspie1970 said:

I feel like I've achieved something. This is the first time I've received my personal allowance from my Carers and not squandered it on cigarettes. I've still got two purple twenty pound notes in my drawer of my bedside cabinet. This morning, at about sevenish, I shall be four days quit cold turkey!

BeautifulAspie1970, You are doing great.   I promise the benefits will keep coming.  

• Like 3

Well  done and keep watching that money build up. At the end of the week treat yourself to something small, you have earned it, and it keeps the motivation going. Or save it until the end of the first month and have a bigger treat.

keep it going.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BeautifulAspie1970 said:

You Have achieved something !  You've saved your life !

and you've done this completely on your own !

You are a hero to yourself and to all of us as well.

Congratulations.

Please remember to reward yourself, I may have given you this link before but, here it is again.

The Significance of Rewards

Rewards can take many forms and needn't be a financial burden.

Your two purple twenty pound notes !

I used money as one of my prime motivators and added a day's smoke money in a big glass jar every day where I could see the progress.

Think of new things to keep you busy.  A new hobby, a new interest.

These will keep you distracted from smokes and benefit you in many other ways.

Some have used physical exercise and have really changed their lives from sedentary to happily active.

It gets endorphins filling us with happy hormones.

Tai Chi and Qi Gong are low impact practices easily done at home

and really help with breathing.

Meditation is v. helpful in keeping our brains fit.

and don't forget to have fun with this !

You Quit Smoking !!! 

• Like 3

I experienced strong nicotine withdrawals but I stood my ground and fought them after grabbing the addiction with all my might and resisting. I've been drinking tons of water to compensate for the missed nicotine. I feel better now. I had a lovely walk, too and feel energised.

And I had a lovely shower, too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BeautifulAspie1970 said:

I'm having a lot of craves. I'm fighting all of them.

Instead of buying cigarettes, I bought myself a blue five pound note in money worth of full English breakfast which comprised 2 rashers of bacon, 1 fat, juicy pork sausage, 1 hash brown, mushrooms, french fries, fried egg, baked beans and toast and butter and a lovely frothy coffee. This was much nicer than stinky cigarettes. I'm now in my fifth day quit smoking cold turkey!