Unbelievable smokers forum

mightyboosh

I came across this forum and I just have to post some comments. Some of this is bordering on child abuse and is quite unbelievable.

Even when I was a smoker, I never defended it and talked about it and criticised it as if I were a non-smoker. To defend smoking is reprehensible in my opinion.

This was the starting post of one particular thread.

"My son who has been a smoker for two years now is planning to quit tomorrow.
When I asked him if his new girlfriend of three months who doesn’t smoke has anything to do with it. Not really dad, although I enjoy smoking, I never thought I would be smoking a pack a day already and not only is the cost just ridiculous but having to plan everything around my smoking is no fun, I never thought it would change my life so much.
Although he is really determent to succeed I don’t think he will be successful.

Hopefully trying to quit helps him find out how great smoking is."

These are the unbelievable responses.

"I smoke at least 2 packs a day, but every few months I make a point of going 24 hours without a cigarette. It is agony but I am pretty sure the feeling when I light up my first cigarette is the best feeling humans are capable of experiencing. The whole experience is a great way of "renewing my vows" as a smoker."

"Whenever someone I know is struggling to quit smoking I tell them about this. They are in an incredibly blessed position. They have put in a whole bunch of suffering and now are able to reap the reward as soon as they give in and smoke."

"He’s learned a lesson and had a course correction- he’s had a wake up call that nicotine is boss and in control now, absolutely no choice in the matter- He may need you to help him come to terms with that and to understand that he’ll be much happier being submissive at this point and letting himself enjoy it- And that’s perfectly OK."

This is another topic about starting young.

"I started smoking at 15 and have never stopped. Love everything about it and I'm very happy that my 16-year-old son has picked up the habit. We smoke together now and I am supplying him with his cigarettes until he begins working. I believe smoking has tightened our father-son bond."

"I also started smoking just after I turned 18 and now wish I had started when I first got interested at 15."

"I will give my lads 20 a day when they start smoking. I loved being a proper smoker at high school, loved how I smell on clothes and breath and felt so good when spark ing up after an hour craving. Addiction made it feel better!"

"I think it is good to smoke at any age and there should be no restrictions on young smokers."

Someone at 26 yrs old was curious about starting smoking and wanted advice (duh)

"Buy a pack of cigarettes and keep it. Smoke one a day and then when you start craving more cigs, just smoke more and you’ll get addicted in no time. Sit back and relax, smoking is supposed to feel good and don’t worry about the health effects."

"Just smoke - As you get more and more used to it you’ll start to have cravings which become intensely pleasurable to satisfy- With cravings you stop worrying about any potential health concerns, nicotine will powerfully diminish those thoughts- Trust me, as smoking satisfaction begins to intensify, you need to just let go, relax and let yourself enjoy it- You’ll see, you won’t even think about health issues because it will become a non-issue."

Edited by mightyboosh
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

I can't help but think that not only are there true believers in nicotine addiction but, that the tobacco industry may have a v. large hand in this.

Big Tobacco relies on people addicted to their products and would not hesitate to set up these sites and troll them ardently.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Big Tobacco relies on people addicted to their products and would not hesitate to set up these sites and troll them ardently.

Yeah, I didn't think of that but now I am thinking about it, I do recall other companies doing the same eg.  hotel/restaurant reviews etc.

It would be interesting to know the actual ratio of fake vs real.

In any event, they're all bad or bonkers.

• Like 3

I still belong to a pro-smoking site (the admin told me that there is no way to delete or cancel accounts).   Since I can’t delete my account,   I will login occasionally  and post subliminal “you don’t love smoking, you’re addicted” messages or indirect “anti-smoking“  messages/replies in random threads.   Who knows maybe it makes someone start thinking seriously about quitting

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

I started at 27 am now 37 I smoke around 10 a day but would increase if I could trouble is I am autistic and live with my mum who thinks I smoke

2 a day more like 10 a day I enjoy smoking or is that just the addiction talking lol I also think there is nothing sexier than a women enjoying  cigarette I have wanted to smoke since a early age  so I can’t see my self ever giving up for good although I did for an amazing 6 years but was always needing a fag at the back of my mind I can’t quit  I enjoy cigarettes too much

• Like 1

Hi David ..

Spoken like a true Nicotine addict .

I watched cigerettes kill my husband.he liked smoking too..

Why dont you read all the information here ,you just might change your mind ..

You quit for 6 years ..so you must have wanted to quit ..

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, David Percival said:

Nope didn’t want to quit first time my parents forced me to your going to die anyway so do it your own way my body my lungs can’t beat that first drag in a morning  won’t be quitting again 

Yeah - I remember when I was young and bullet proof, what a fool I used to be. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, David Percival said:

Nope didn’t want to quit first time my parents forced me to your going to die anyway so do it your own way my body my lungs can’t beat that first drag in a morning  won’t be quitting again 

We're all invincible ... until we discover we're not. And by then, it's too late to take back our past actions.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, David Percival said:

Its a choice .folks here want to quit.

If you want to carry on smoking 

Your choice ..

I don't think we needed to hear it 

I only hope it doesnt bite you in the arse one day .!!

• Like 3

On 8/5/2023 at 5:19 PM, David Percival said:

Doreen’s free you from Liverpool too your not my auntie Doreen  she’s trying to quit too and gets ratty at me for not wanting  to I live In bootle so must be you 

What is/where is bootle?

A little proper punctuation and other grammatical touches would make your posts much easier to read and comprehend for some of us.

Edited by Reciprocity