Day 4; so far so OK

Tylers1027

Hey @Tylers1027, you can make yourself a ticker for your signature too. There's a tab at the top of the page. I loved watching all the time, money saved and cigarettes not smoked add up and looked forward to seeing my numbers everyday. Very motivating! 😊

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tylers1027 said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words! @Doreensfree your signature itself is motivational; $21,600 saved! That's a new car! :)

Yes !!!! A new car ....you can have it Tyler and more .....just never take another Puff.....

It's amazing  how much of our hard earned money we wasted ....killing ourselves .....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - just thought I'd share an update with you as it's been a few weeks!  The 2 weeks after stepping down to the 14mg patch was rough.  I had a lot of cravings during it.  4 days ago I moved down from the 14mg to the smallest 7mg patch (the smallest one).  Since stepping down to the 7mg patch, I haven't really had any cravings/withdrawal symptoms or anything like that.  I'm confident now I can make it through the whole thing.  Overall I'm on 63 day smoking free.

On a side note - it has been tough because I have to work from home the next 2 weeks and no volleyball games are they're all cancelled due to virus.  Being home alone all day and night makes it a lot tougher to quit than being at work all day and volleyball all night but I know I can do it! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Fabulous job, Tyler!  You're now pretty used to not smoking at night when you're home alone so it probably won't really be too much harder to not smoke while spending more time home alone during the day.  Distract yourself with work, reading, playing games, etc., and getting out often to walk your dog when you need a change of scene (your dog told me to suggest this).

• Like 3

Thanks for checking in.

Congratulations on your 2+ months of quitting smoking.

More celebrations begin when your body is free of nicotine, forever.

The point is getting through, learning new skills to help you past cravings.

not

never experience cravings.

We are addicts !  Stray cravings/triggers can come out of nowhere for the rest of our lives !

We need to NOPE and learn to live through them without the help of nicotine, any nicotine.

There is plenty to do en casa, from nakedy dances to surfing the night away. Keep yourself safe.

• Like 2

Glad you're doing good Tyler and glad you've stepped down to 7mg. Please keep in mind that after stopping the patch completely you may have some pretty strong craves for a few days while your body is ridding itself of nicotine and screaming for its fix. 

But as always, we'll be here if you need some extra support 😊

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hope everyone is doing well; just thought I'd check in.  Tomorrow will be 100 days smoking free!  I have now been off all patches and nicotine free for 25 days :) Having some strong cravings today but I'll make it through! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tylers1027 said:

Hope everyone is doing well; just thought I'd check in.  Tomorrow will be 100 days smoking free!  I have now been off all patches and nicotine free for 25 days :) Having some strong cravings today but I'll make it through! 

That's how it's done.

image.png.47b4989cb38ff390afc01fe03afe5587.png

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, Tylers1027 said:

Thanks for checking in and giving us an update on being nicotine free for 25 days !  This is how NRTs are supposed to work.  Excellent job, Tyler.

Remember cravings are not commands.  They are just synapses in your brain that haven't gotten the memo that you quit smoking yet.

You quit smoking !  Celebrate and reward yourself for every crave conquered, every trigger disarmed.  You are in power, not the addiction.

• Like 4

Congratulations on over 100 days smoke free, Tyler! Glad you made good use of the patch.  Hooray for getting off the nicotine at last. You are basically home free just let your mind adjust to being nicotine free.  It gets easier every day. 

• Like 3