Mr John David Baker

BeautifulAspie1970

I've just run out of Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays and am having agonizing nicotine withdrawal symptoms. I haven't got any money owing to a government official having power of attorney of my benefits. This is due to my Asperger's syndrome as I'm prone to being financially exploited. The doctor's surgery is trying to cut back on my Nicorette Quickmist mouth sprays prescription availability because of the way I'm misusing it in my Adult ADHD. Drinking water really helps my cravings. At least my governmental monetary restrictions means I can't buy cigarettes so I can keep my quit. I would welcome any advice that might help me get through this setback.

You can get through this.  You can !

Take beautiful clean clear breaths, drink some cold water.

Take a brisk walk (move a muscle/change a thought)

Remember you quit smoking and believe in that power that you have.

Stay with us.  Read, read, read.

• Like 5

I used my air cigarette to get past really bad craves. Just pretend you're holding an actual cigarette and then go through the motions of "smoking" it. It really helped trick my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing. Some people use cut straws, licorice, pens, etc....

• Like 3

Do whatever it takes to fight the craves as long as it is not smoking or harmful to others. Could not agree more with jillar and Sazerac. Deep breathing,walks,just try to keep your mind occupied with positive thoughts of how much better you will feel one day from quitting smoking. That day takes work but it can happen and is not that far off as it may seem. A lot of us felt the same way as you once. You can do this. best wishes.

• Like 4

You are making it through the roughest part of your quit but believe us, things do get a lot better.

Do whatever you need to do as long as you don't light up.  Remember a crave is not a command and they do go away.  Fighting through these early tough times and not caving in is  victory.  Stay smoke free.  It is very doable and worth it.

• Like 3

Late as usual.....

Hope the quit train peeps ,helped you through .....

There is a ton of stuff here to get you by , play some games....I'm sure the guys would love to see you in the sticks and chicks game..,.

Watch the funny animal thread ...

Read all the past posts ..there is so much info there....

Do you like jigsaws...the charity shops have heaps of them.....

Glad you came here...you are never alone ....

• Like 3