Quitting By Gradual Withdrawal

Sazerac

For those thinking of quitting and 'cutting back' on smoking

you may find this video enlightening.  You will experience far less anxiety and discomfort by quitting now, completely, and be well on your way to a smoke free life.

Quitting By Gradual Withdrawal

fixed the link

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 6

Yep, I feel ya @QueenB !  That was scurrilous spam that popped in.  Doreen fixed it for us ❤️.

Good to see you so passionate about quitting !

and great to have another look at the video from Joel.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 2

I tried the Gradual Withdrawal a couple times and never worked for me. Got down to 4 or 5 a day and just stayed there. Would blow the whole thing the first time I had a few drinks or imagined stressful situations made me need to smoke more. Same old crap. Quitting means no more. At least that`s how it is for me.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, garry mhudson said:

I tried the Gradual Withdrawal a couple times and never worked for me. Got down to 4 or 5 a day and just stayed there. Would blow the whole thing the first time I had a few drinks or imagined stressful situations made me need to smoke more. Same old crap. Quitting means no more. At least that`s how it is for me.

This was me my last few years as a smoker.  I often tried to cut down on my smoking.  I got down to 3 a day a couple of occasions but that didn't last long.  I was so on edge and looking forward to my next nicotine fix that I would soon say to hell with it and go back to a pack a day.

Trying to quit by cutting down is torture.  You find yourself looking more and more forward to that next cigarette.  You are prolonging the time it takes to satisfy the nicotine craving but are doing nothing to get rid of the cravings.  Physical cravings for nicotine leave after the first few (usually 3) days that you are nicotine free.  Cutting down does not allow you to get to this point. 

The best thing to do to get nicotine out of your body ASAP and quitting smoking is how you do that.

*  If any newbie is reading this, Allen Carr has a great chapter about this in his book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking.  Check it out if you haven't read it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, johnny5 said:

Trying to quit by cutting down is torture.

Yep.  Cutting down leads to experiencing the challenges of the early part of a quit (withdrawal, obsessive thoughts about smoking, fog head, etc.) without any of the benefits of actually quitting.

Reining in the addiction while continuing to feed the addiction is an exercise in futility.  And it just plain sucks.

• Like 3

I too tried alot of quits this way ...of course they all led to failure...

Spent my whole time clock watching ,waiting for my next fix....

All its doing is keeping the addiction alive....but agonizing when you can get that little stick of misery ...

Once I told my addict brain ...you can never have another puff ever....i was calmer and it was excepted....

• Like 2