I am new here and trying to figure things out

joe  bossio

today is day 27 without a cigarette I never thought in a thousand years at a waiver quit smoking. I was so determined this time. I have didn't doing tons of research and educating myself about nicotine addiction . I am so determined this time around no more romance with those cancer sticks.  I can breathe no more hacking and coughing until I'm blue in the face . and all the money that I'm saving . I feel more calm cool and Collective and my body feels good and I feel clean inside , does that make sense . cigarettes are sucking the life out of me. I stopped at the gas station yesterday to grab a coffee,  I haven't had one in 3 weeks what a buzz what rush . I used to buy cigarettes do everyday ,so the clerk automatically pulled out a pack of cigarettes and put it on the counter. I told him no I quit.

I felt a real sense of power when I said that , in a good way. then outside the gas station is girl stopped me and asked me if I had a smoke I said no I don't smoke sorry. that nicotine voice can be cunning and baffling my head can be a dangerous place. but I think I have enough soldiers cells up there a bunch of those nicotine receptors, in a figure of speech. it's a great feeling and I want to keep learning about nicotine addiction and how things work up there 2 inches behind my forehead. any feedback would be appreciated . thank you all and have a great day

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Joe and congratulations on 27 days quit! That's awesome that you're already feeling the rewards of quitting :) The first month is definitely the hardest and you're almost past it now :)

We have a bunch of great topics and videos here to help you understand our addiction. We also have a great social section with tons of topics for those times when you don't want to think about your quit. Our great group of members will be here to help you every step of your journey. Be sure to read the pinned threads at they'll of the forums too :)

• Like 3

Congratulations on quitting smoking, Joe !

27 days is a huge accomplishment and I hope you are rewarding yourself.

The Significance of Rewards

Your sense of power is a real one.

The inner power, self-respect and trust in oneself is a major benefit from quitting smoking.

This can lead to many other positive changes in our lives aside from putting our nicotine addiction to sleep.

34 minutes ago, joe bossio said:

I want to keep learning about nicotine addiction and how things work up there 2 inches behind my forehead.

These are the words of a successful quit, for sure.

The videos in this link may be of interest to you,

Your Brain Beating A Crave and the one concerning  Neuro-plasticity (thanks to @Boo ) is excellent.

Also check out Educational Video on Nicotine and the Brain that  @MLMR posted

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Joe.  You've made a great decision for yourself and the rewards of quitting will continue to accumulate as you go.

3 hours ago, Sazerac said:

The videos in this link may be of interest to you,

Your Brain Beating A Crave and the one concerning  Neuro-plasticity (thanks to @Boo ) is excellent.

Monumental changes can result from nothing more than time and repetition.  At twenty-seven days without a cigarette, you have already started the process of rewiring your brain.

Stay the course and enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard 

Congratulations on making the best decision you can make ...

You already have a great quit going ...

Once you have decided to Take Smoking Of The Table no matter what ....never doubt yourself.....

Looking forward to getting to know you better ...

• Like 3

Way to go Joe 27 days is awesome!  Now that the nicotine is out of your system, the rest is much easier.  This is a great place for friendship and support.  There is nothing more exciting than helping others realize the power they have to quit.  I am so glad you have found us.  

• Like 3

thank you everybody for your support , it means a lot to me , I will listen read and learn about the power of nicotine addiction .

it is not been so hard to quit this time around considering the length in and I'm out I smoked over the years.

I am so determined,  ready and willing to go to any lengths is it in order to quit smoking. I am developing strategies tactics and techniques.

it scares me,  when I hear about people quitting smoking for 1 year , and then having a relapse . I keep asking myself how the heck does that happen.

Are The receptors in the Brain still saturated with nicotine . I seen the videos where people have cancer of the throat and have a hole where they breathe through

then they put that cigarette in that perfect little hole and puff away. what is wrong with us . the journey through life I think is feeling good while you're alive. I have doing a lot of philosophical thinking in the past 27 days. I have been enlightened on a few things I asked myself, am I a spiritual being on a human Journey or a human being on a spiritual journey , I don't know.

something has come over me since I stopped smoking, I don't criticize complain and condemn I give myself guidance patience and respect. No more puffing.that TaylorMade and smoking myself to death . short-term comfort for long-term suffering . NOPE... thanks for listening.

• Like 5

Folks smoke after a long quit because ...they think they have conquered the addiction ...and 

One Won't Hurt .....

It does and it will.....wake up that sleeping monster who has been put to sleep .....

We can never have one ...ever....we are addicts .....Which is why we have a NOPE thread ...

Not One Puff Ever ...

Stay positive Joe....it's all about the attitude....remember you giving up nothing ....but gaining so much ...

• Like 3