My first cold (bless)

mightyboosh

I've just come through my first cold since quitting and I must say that the cough has been nothing like previous ones, not even close. It used to always turn into a nasty chesty affair but not this time.

That difference is a direct consequence of quitting so I reckon it's worth sharing as a morale booster to any newbies looking for positive vibes.

• Like 7

Yay Yes!!!! mine have been much milder and I have got over them much quicker too. I just had a cold after christmas, I felt rough for 2 days,and that was it..over and done, whereas more likely it would turn into a chest infection and linger for weeks!!!! I used to  shove a sore throat lozenge in my mouth and force myself to smoke...... Crazy!! 

• Like 4

When I was a smoker,  I would get sick a couple times a year, so sick that anything more than just a shallow breath would cause a coughing fit that was honestly terrifying. The kind of sick that would have a lingering cough that would last for months.

Saddest thing is that no matter how sick I was, I would still smoke a pack a day.

In the (almost) three years I've been quit, I've been sick exactly ZERO times. Additionally, my allergies are all but gone.

• Like 8

Yes I am just getting over a cold also, my first one since I quit two years ago.  I did feel under the weather for a few days but boy compared to when I smoked this was a breeze. When I smoked I would wake up in the middle of the night coughing really bad and could not breath well at all (in fact my son almost took me to the ER on more than one occasion).  This time I had no real problems with coughing or breathing. The joys of quitting ---- they just keep adding up!!!!!

• Like 6

My colds are few and far between since I quit smoking and never degenerate into Bronchitis anymore.

Lately, I can stop them in a day by upping my Vit C/Zinc, gargling a solution of salt water/peroxide and getting more sleep.

Allergies were starting to be a problem for me.  They are Gone.

Hope you are feeling better, Mighty One.

This made me smile, 

On 1/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, mightyboosh said:

All those little cilia saying, "At last, we're free to do our job."

• Like 2