Six Years

Devil Doll

Six years ago. I spent a majority of the holidays in the hospital with random breathing problems. I was 100lbs overweight, I was severely diabetic with a host of health issues. I smoked three packs of Newports a day. 
On December 30th I found a message board, I read through the posts of a member. I read his posts from the beginning when he started and I discovered at the end, the day before I found the board, he died. 
I made my decision. I set my date, “New Year, new me”, I ran out early and decided to not take the 5 minute drive to the store. I started early. I made my first post and I leaned hard on the members because I needed them to help me. I knew that the ones who were ahead of me knew what I was going through and they helped me conquer my craves and make it through day 1, day 3, week 1, month 1, month 6, year 1... etc.

I made lifelong friendships out of strangers. I met the cheater stick ((Bakon)). I lost 100 lbs, I started running, I went back to school, I was accepted into nursing school this semester. These people helped to save my life. I owe them everything. 
If you are trying to make the decision on whether or not to do this, do it, it is worth it. It is not easy, it will test you, but the support that you receive here at QT with help you pass those tests.

Happy New Year Quitters. I am proud of all that you have accomplished and of all of the people that are here changing their lives. I quietly pop in from time to time to see how you all are. ❤️❤️ 

• Like 12

Oh !  Where's the band ? 

We need trumpets !

❤️@Devil Doll ❤️   

HAPPY SIX  YEARS of FREEDOM

Congratulations.

Feels good.  Six Years.  Solid.

Mazel tov and Cheers to your changes and accomplishments.

Superwoman stuff, Doll, 😊

Devil Doll RN.  Nurse Devil Doll.

You are living proof of how quitting smoking can be an astounding catalyst for change.

You will be great whatever you do, Doll.  Smart. Focused. Free.

Your humor is missed and your vigilance in keeping Sticks honest.

(if you've been lurking you will have seen the results of their wild-ing)

Thanks for a wonderful New Year visit !

HAPPY MMXX

• Like 4

I just went tooling around the archives and found this.

Devil Doll

Resident Zombie killer

Quit Date: December 31, 2013

Posted December 31, 2014

This was my first ever post:

"I am DD. I signed up and have been lurking for a few days. As of yesterday 12/31 at 5 p.m. (est) I am smoke free.

This is the first year that I didn't wake up in the morning and grab for the box and lighter. I was a smoker for 22 years, nearly 3 packs a day.

I have tried quit before but have failed and resigned myself to being a smoker forever. 

I feel different this time, I WANT this, I WANT to be a non smoker, I WANT to be healthy.

I know that this is not going to be easy. I know that I am going to be tested.

know that I am going to need to lean on you and will probably have quite a few SOS posts.

Anyway, good morning, Happy New Year, and I am thankful to be here and to pledge N.O.P.E. for my first time.”

Three hundred sixty five days of NOPE (just for today).

It wasn't always easy but it was always doable especially since this board was here to help.

If you take it one day at a time and use the board and the SOS system it is nowhere near as hard as the junkie makes us think that it is. 

When I made the resolution to stop I looked for a place where I would be surrounded by people who knew what I was going through and would be able to support me.  

I have made friends, offered my support

and have celebrated the milestones of my peers.. especially the Winter Quitters who are fast on my heels with their celebrations coming up!!!!! 

We are celebrating my quit today but I am celebrating the fact that you all helped to get me here.

Newbies, you are included in that, you all say that I inspire you but you inspire me.

The further you get from your quit date the more complacent you become.

Newbies posting their struggles and what they are going through keeps the more seasoned members in check

and your strength in making it through your struggle strengthens our own resolve. 

Thanks to all of you.. ALL. OF. YOU. I am looking forward to another year of laughter, tears, love and paying it forward! 

Cheers my friends. 

Disclaimer: DD will only be mushy and sentimental once a year so eat it up because tomorrow crazy DD will be back 

• Like 3

The big cheat....6.  Don't know if I trust your numbers.  Anyhow. Never did meet Batman.  Went past couple days ago. 3 am so I didn't call...How's the pumpkins? 

Congrats girl.  Don't change your......attitude.

• Like 2