Jonny 5 - 8 Years !!!

Cristóbal

Hello,

Unless you were on QSMB years ago, you probably do not remember or know about Jonny 5.

However, this very inspirational poster is celebrating his 8 years anniversary today !!!

Happy 8 Years, Jonny 5 !!!

Below is a re-post of one of Jonny 5´s famous posts from QSMB - Enjoy !!!

YOU AND I ARE NICOTINE ADDICTS, THESE ARE THE RULES

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

If you smoked, and continued to smoke, even knowing it was very dangerous, then like me, you are a nicotine addict.

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ADDICTED TO NICOTINE, CHANGES HAVE TAKEN PLACE THAT CAN'T BE REVERSED

because you are a nicotine addict, you can never casually use nicotine without reawakening the addiction

THE GOOD NEWS IS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CONTINUE TO USE NICOTINE BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ADDICT

You can put the addiction to sleep, and live as if you have never smoked, never troubled, or distracted by cravings.

TO ESCAPE YOU MUST NEVER INGEST NICOTINE EVER AGAIN, OR YOU WILL GO THROUGH WITHDRAWAL AGAIN

sure, the habit part of the addiction may have been disrupted or broken through your quit time, but following relapse the physical withdrawals could lead you back to full time smoking again.

I UNDERSTAND THAT MY BRAIN CHEMISTRY HAS BEEN ALTERED.  
I UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF INTRODUCING NICOTINE INTO MY BODY,
I UNDERSTAND THAT I CAN NEVER TAKE NICOTINE WITHOUT MY ALTERED BRAIN RESTARTING THE ADDICT CRAVINGS ALL OVER AGAIN

DO YOU?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Hey, @Jonny5,

Congratulations on your Eight Years of Freedom.

Your posts were quite influential for me while I lurked through the first 10 months of my quit,

thank you very, very much.  Every now and then I rummage around back in the archives and bump your posts.  They are still so important.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2019 at 11:03 PM, Sazerac said:

Hey, @Jonny5,

Congratulations on your Eight Years of Freedom.

Your posts were quite influential for me while I lurked through the first 10 months of my quit,

thank you very, very much.  Every now and then I rummage around back in the archives and bump your posts.  They are still so important.

You're very welcome 🙂

On 12/21/2019 at 7:14 PM, Linda Thomas said:

Congratulations Jonny 5 and thank you for passing your wisdom on to us.  I know you are enjoying your smoke free life!

You're very welcome 

• Like 2

8 years of Freedom for Johnny 5. Nice one mate. Not far off a decade:  I said when you had done six months, that you would never go back! Nice to see Sarge, Christobal, Babs and others are closing in on ten years. Passed 18 years this October. (breath)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/30/2019 at 7:39 PM, breath said:

8 years of Freedom for Johnny 5. Nice one mate. Not far off a decade:  I said when you had done six months, that you would never go back! Nice to see Sarge, Christobal, Babs and others are closing in on ten years. Passed 18 years this October. (breath)

You were always supportive, and a huge inspiration mate :-) 

• Like 2