Aussie Fires

notsmokinjo

@Cbdave you and all your mob safe?

Sending prayers up to all in fire zones atm, especially the bloody cockroaches as three massive bushfires merege into one just out of Sydney...Gunna be a long night for fieries. Stay safe all.

@forestgreen...hope you and you mob are safe too. 

Remember, leave early...you can get new shit but not a new you.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

@Cbdave you and all your mob safe?

Sending prayers up to all in fire zones atm, especially the bloody cockroaches as three massive bushfires merege into one just out of Sydney...Gunna be a long night for fieries. Stay safe all.

@forestgreen...hope you and you mob are safe too. 

Remember, leave early...you can get new shit but not a new you.

A hurricane of flames.  So friggin' scary and filled with horror and terror.  Hope everybody stays safe and gets to a safe place.  How far away must you be to breathe ?  Terrible.

• Like 3

Weather forecast near me ok, not so further south. Heard we had lots of volunteer Canadian Firefighters come over here. Just in time. Thank God for those guys/girls leaving their families at Christmas time to help us all out of trouble. Still smoke haze around me and could be more today. Unbelievable. 

• Like 5

G’day All

Thanks for thinking of us here in the Sub Tropics! Amazing to think that the rainforest can burn but it does. Just needs a long drought and a blast of hot dry air.

The smoke is the Ever present reminder. In the evenings it’s worse as the cooler sea breezes drop the smoke from the fires from Stradbroke and Morten Island. It’s choking. My sweetheart has asthma and I keep a very close eye on her.

Even though we are safe as we have no bushland we are part of my mates fire plan. Our spare beds made and we are his destination should he decide to leave his property due to fire. The little bag of important papers and pictures and computer backup is a bit chilling in the spare room. But it is what it is and you have clear plan and stick to it. 

god bless all

Chris 

• Like 6

G’day 

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/emergency-warnings-for-nsw-bushfires/news-story/96a1145268482f3810aff5c51e2e4610

Sorry it couldn’t be clearer go to the secound clip. My bro was standing in the car park at Stocklands as this went through sleepy Forster NSW. His car survived after cleaning the muck off he discovered his tail lights were melted.

C

• Sad 6

Close call, Cbdave, Still hazy around here, visibility very poor, some of us had our lights on whilst driving. You are further North than me, but forecast says no let up on the hot temperatures, and no rain in sight either.  Just a thought ...its good that I don't smoke, I could be in trouble with breathing problems. I hope its just a Smokey Christmas and not a Firey Christmas fingers crossed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

If it wasn't so serious, Great photo.... Everything Ok near where I live, Damm Hot though, I'm inside today with the Air Conditioner on, so no smoke air filling my lungs at present. Outside, White Haze....This seems to be our "White Christmas". Will be travelling tomorrow, near the bush areas so keeping my eye out and my camera. at the ready. . 

• Like 3

G’day 

We got some relief on Wednesday night. 90 mm (3 1/2 inches) in 1 hour one hell of a bucketing. More rain than I’ve had in 6 months falls in 1 hour! Figure!

Some places got 130 mm or 5 inches in that hour. Brisbane city it’s a relief but the best is that the Redland Bay Area and Stradbroke island copped a soaking as well. That will keep a lot of bush safe.

Got another storm tonight and another 18 mm (3/4 inch) and my water tanks which supply my gardens are now overflowing. 

The whole of the east coast needs rain desperately. They are taking about  some current in the Indian Ocean has changed and we could be in for some better rains in the new year. Here’s hoping 

chris

• Like 5

Such a relief, yesterday and last night plenty of rain. I'm not sure if its in all the right places outer farmland and inland. For me 1.6 mm,  quite lot . chance of showers 50 percent, instead of none. Maybe we can enjoy Christmas now instead of worrying. 

• Like 4

Gday

The smoke haze is ever present. Early mornings and evenings the sunlight has to pass through a lot of smoke and dust so we get bathed in a yellow gold glow.

Sunrises and sunsets are different too. The sun is just a big orange ball long before it touches the horizon. Sunrises and sunsets seem to take forever.

Got a forecast for Christmas Day. A cool 27C with an 80 per cent chance of a storm. 

Just keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the update Sazerac, I was going to post more but I didn't want to spoil all the happiness at this Christmas time for everyone else.

It returned with a vengence around half a km from me and was watch and act for a while. I had to venture out though and the hot  high winds were intolerable. Hopefully the temperatures will ease off  soon. We now have the white haze back again and the Fire Alert is now watch and wait. It is so sad for those two young families bereft after their brave Husbands and Dads lost their lives fighting our fires in Australia 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So I just did some maths, to kinda give yous all some perspective...we currently have active fires in QLD, NSW, Vic and Sth Australia...Victoria is the only state without a human life lost...our allies have been helping with firies from NZ and Canada being here for over a month. So now let's just look at the NSW fires...

Currently, as of this morning...the amount of land burning (not burnt) is more than the whole of Belgium..or the size of Maryland...there are more firefighters fighting the NSW fires (professional and volunteer) than there are soldiers in the Australian army....2/3rds of all registered firefighters in Australia have been at a bushfire for at least 1 week in the last 2 months.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...