Xmas Sing Off #1 2019

notsmokinjo

White Christmas (cringe)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these White Christmases gets you vote...

• The Drifters
    • Kate Cebrano
    • Guns n Roses
    • Otis Redding
    • Billy Idol
    • Bob Marley

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/19 at 12:15 PM

So.. was thinking of Christmas themed Covers or Original and fell into a you tube black hole....so have decided during Christmas we should shelve the usual weeklyish poll and have a Chrissy one.

This week's song is White Christmas...your challenge (and it will be with some of these) is to listen to the versions of the song and vote for your favourite.

Now for this vote I am excluding the best version, Bing Crosby, because it would be too easy..I have tried to find a variety of sounds in the versions...oh and @johnny5 THIS is the worst cover of any song the Gunners ever did...but I had to included it...kinda like I had to include the Billy Idol one for pure cheese value. .... So this vote isn't about what's the best....it is for those in the poll which do you prefer....might not even be because it sounds the best, might be cos ya laughed so hard ya coffee came out ya nose.

Preparing this I have listened to over 30 versions of this song....many worthy, many more not...but I had to limit this to 6....if you have another version you love OR hate post it up peeps.

Without further ado I give you...

1. The Drifters

2. Kate Cebrano (cos I gotta have an Aussie in the mix)...

3. Guns n Roses ... Cos if my ears had to bleed do should yours 😉

4. Otis Redding

5. Billy Idol..pure cheese

6. Bob Marley

I kid you not there were still least 10 others I wanted to post.....I'm thinking the Drifters will get it...any of the Brat Pack has a great version, then there are the girls, Ella (who has both a Bing style and a Drifters style), Doris, Vera, Reba, Dolly, Darlene, so fricken many....and the group's, Kiss doing an acapella version, Westlife, twisted sister, America, Chicago, Nkotb, chocolate factory, omg you have no fruckin idea how many...Jerry Lee Lewis....Iggy Pop (which kind of disturbed me)...Elvis.....White Christmas the gift that keeps on giving..

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

I umed and ahhed about posting Johnny Cash....cos I secretly like to see if you will vote against him..lol

I named my dog after Johnny Cash.

Allegiance confirmed.

• Haha 2