New to site

Josalee

Hi josalee, welcome to qt. Congratulations on 11 years quit! I'm sure you'll be a huge asset to those coming behind you. I know when I first quit it meant so much to me for someone who had a long quit to support and encourage me :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Josalee.  Wow am I impressed with your quit.  We welcome you here and are always excited about meeting new friends.  I love this forum.  They are credited with guiding me to quit smoking.  I look forward to really getting to know you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to QuitTrain, @Josalee and congratulations on 11 years smoke free.  I think it is great that you want to continue to be part of a community that helps others with quitting smoking.

There are several other QuitNet folks here and I hope you all feel welcome.

On a personal note, while I was never a member of QuitNet, I really sympathize with what you all are going through.  Myself and a number of others on this site used to be at another quit site (QuitSmokingMessageBoard or QSMB) that existed for over ten years.  One day, without warning, the corporate entity that owned QSMB pulled the plug on the site, shutting it down forever.  That still bothers me and I am sorry you are having to deal with a similar situation.

While I miss QSMB, I really appreciate that QuitTrain was founded by ex-smokers wanting to have a place for quitters to support each other.  This site is NOT ran by some heartless corporate entity just trying to make money.  After the QSMB crash and seeing what QuitNet is going through, I really appreciate the ownership of this place.

Sorry if I was rambling there but welcome aboard.  It is great to have you here.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Josalee said:

Hello!! I am new to site. I joined The Quitnet years ago, sad to see the site will be gone. I have been quit 11 years and decided to hop on the Quittrain. It was recommended. I like to plant flowers and plants and enjoy reading.

Welcome aboard the Train Josalee.

Congratulations on over a decade of freedom from the cigarettes.  Sorry to hear about your former forum.  There is a real sense of community and camaraderie that we build in these forums.  When the QSMB went down, several of their members joined here and have been able to stay in touch with old friends and make some new ones along the way.  Hopefully, some of your fellow QuitNet members will find out about us.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 7

Welcome aboard the QTrain, Josalee! Sorry about the demise of QuitNet, I started out at the QSMB and when that went down found my way over here. So glad I did! PS. Congrats on your 11 quit!! 😎 

• Like 5