Try again.

Steveo88

I'm here again.  Lasted 3 weeks then smoked. Making another attempt tomorrow, the reason? My employers cut our break to 30 mins. Can't face the clock watching and feeling of needing a smoke waiting for our break! Plus my dentist explained the damage I'm doing to my oral health. Not pretty. I'm use the forum more this time.

• Like 7

Thank  you. I will. Decided to go with nrt not vaping. it's good to know I'm not the only one quitting! My sense of smell and taste were coming back. Then I smoke again. I want the m back. NOPE!!  A week is great. I felt pretty good after 7 days last quit. Keep going.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Steveo88 said:

I'm here again.  Lasted 3 weeks then smoked. Making another attempt tomorrow, the reason? My employers cut our break to 30 mins. Can't face the clock watching and feeling of needing a smoke waiting for our break! Plus my dentist explained the damage I'm doing to my oral health. Not pretty. I'm use the forum more this time.

You don't need more reasons to quit, do you ?

The poisons you are ingesting are deadly.

Was this an NRT quit that failed ? A vaping quit that failed ?

Are you smoking now ?  Why ?

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction,

this will give you more incentive to quit and help you to understand what you are going through.

Glad you are back with us.  Read. Read, Read until your eyes bleed and build yourself a successful quit.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Steveo88 said:

Thank  you. I will. Decided to go with nrt not vaping. it's good to know I'm not the only one quitting! My sense of smell and taste were coming back. Then I smoke again. I want the m back. NOPE!!  A week is great. I felt pretty good after 7 days last quit. Keep going.

Thank you and nope!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Carezas said:

I'm back. I was Imfree and well that name and quit failed. I was looking around a bit and reciprocity had messaged me a few times. Well i'm one week free now 

Congratulations on your first week of freedom, Carezas !

Reciprocity is on hiatus for a bit but, there are lots of us here to help you.

Quits only fail for one reason and that is because we choose to smoke.

Being clear and honest with ourselves and our commitment to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) is the only way.

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and enjoy your Freedom !

• Like 4

I failed to quit because I'm an addict and life seemed better at that moment when I started agsin. I was wrong on that! I was using nrt and was doing ok, then I didn't use it and picked up a smoke. I've watched some of Joel's videos and prepared best I can. 

• Like 3

On 11/18/2019 at 4:50 PM, Sazerac said:

Congratulations on your first week of freedom, Carezas !

Reciprocity is on hiatus for a bit but, there are lots of us here to help you.

Quits only fail for one reason and that is because we choose to smoke.

Being clear and honest with ourselves and our commitment to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) is the only way.

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and enjoy your Freedom !

I know you're right I hope Reciprocity is well 

Edited by Mypal
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Steveo88 said:

I failed to quit because I'm an addict and life seemed better at that moment when I started agsin. I was wrong on that! I was using nrt and was doing ok, then I didn't use it and picked up a smoke. I've watched some of Joel's videos and prepared best I can. 

I am an addict also and I built a successful quit, just because we are addicts doesn't mean we have to fail our quit.

Lots of people quit, if it was too hard nobody would quit. The beauty of this is the benefits that shine down on you when you quit.

You mentioned smell and taste...there is breath and blood flow...etc...and a new trust and confidence in yourself.

Education is the best tool in our toolbox.  Glad you are watching Joel, he is a treasure trove of information.

Here is Joel's Library

our friend, Cristóbal recommends watching 3 videos or more a day in the beginning, just to get your head really in the game.

I know you can put your addiction to sleep and look forward to celebrating with you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Imfree said:

I know you're right and i felt ashamed as i love my name "imfree" and changed it to avoid the reminder of my failure . I just went back and the date of our last interaction was sept 7th. I hope Reciprocity is well 

Today is a new day,  Imfree !  and you are into a whole week of your freedom.  Celebrate and reward yourself.  YOU QUIT SMOKING !!!  This is awesome !

• Like 3

@Steveo88  and anyone else just gaining their freedom. I don't know the state of your health but assuming you're relatively OK at the moment, don't wait until something goes wrong before you make it a truly lifelong quit. I had compromised circulation in my leg that was getting worse. I could hardly walk a couple of hundred yards before the pain in my calf made me stop. 

The good news is that I can now walk a mile or so before it starts to hurt and that is only after a couple of months or so of my quit. It will now get better and better as the time passes.

I tell you, it's really crap not being able to walk a reasonable distance so keep it going and it will get easier I promise but only if you get the correct mind set and be determined.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steveo88 said:

Plus my dentist explained the damage I'm doing to my oral health

Glad your back Steveo88.  Do not ever give up trying.  It does help to stay close to the forum.  We are here to help you through those tough times.  Once you get through that first tough week, it is just a matter of redirecting your thinking.  I was amazed at how simple it was.  

I am dearly paying for the damage I did to my dental health.  I have put over $45,000. into my mouth.  It has been years of bone grafts, implants and skin grafts.  Add that to all the years of paying for cigarettes, and I could have had something better to show for it.  I am so thankful for everyday as a nonsmoker!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Imfree said:

I'm back. I was Imfree and well that name and quit failed. I was looking around a bit and reciprocity had messaged me a few times. Well i'm one week free now 

Welcome back Imfree.  I am so glad you have given quitting smoking another try.  It took me way to many years to quit and now that I have found success, I look back and realize it was so much easier than I ever thought.  It is tough the first week, but then it is a matter of changing your thinking.  We are here to support you and help guide you through the tough spots.   Stay close and shout out when you need us.  You can do this!

• Like 3

Yesterday i felt like smoking a bit because i had high temperature and sneezing  .I really wanted a smoke yesterday .

I always used to smoke whenever i felt really dull .

Anyway somehow managed not to go out and buy cigarettes

I am glad i did the right thing .

Don't wait until you damage your teeth permanently  . I have some stains in my mouth too .

Anyway keep fighting the nicotine demon .

You will feel better in the long run

Edited by Sunshine59
  • Like 6

Welcome back Steveo and imfree! Post as much as you need to keep your brain in the smoke free direction! Do not feel ashamed about the junky thoughts... hiding them will result in relapse. We all know what nicotine addiction does to a human being - you are not alone!

• Like 1