HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!!

Doreensfree

1 hour ago, jillar said:

So far a pretty quiet Halloween. I sure hope we get more goblins or I'm going to be eating a lot of candy!

It was the quietest Halloween I can remember here. We usually have a steady

flow of trick  or treaters, but it was barely a trickle tonight. They didn't put a dent in the amount of candy we were prepared to give out.

• Like 3

Here too @Joe7, luckily hubby bought candy we like lol. It's weird though because it was a beautiful warm day here and there's no school tomorrow so we thought we'd have a bunch of goblins.

One little girl came dressed up like a cop and when she said trick or treat I told her I thought she was here to arrest me. I heard the dad laugh but the girl just looked at me funny 😄😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I bet the tornado watch kept a bunch of them at home tonight @johnny5. I sure don't miss those one bit! People always ask me if I rather live in tornado weather since I was raised in Alabama or earthquakes now that I'm in California and I'll take the earthquakes any day over those scary tornados

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Joe7 said:

It was the quietest Halloween I can remember here. We usually have a steady

flow of trick  or treaters, but it was barely a trickle tonight. They didn't put a dent in the amount of candy we were prepared to give out.

I think traditional trick-or-treating is becoming a thing of the past; i.e., kids going door-to-door.  Where I live, a local elementary school was turned into a gathering spot for all the little ghouls and goblins last night.  They decorated the playground, called it "Spookyville", and local businesses donated candy that was given out in the gym.

• Like 3

I'm a Halloween Grinch....it's not an Aussie tradition .....at all.... Aussie kids and supermarkets are trying to make it a thing but I'm resisting....it's really only become a thing the last couple of years but because of daylight saving it starts getting dark around 8.30pm....its just wierd and I don't like it. 

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1