Winter coming

Kdad

Just now, Kdad said:

Maybe it is seasonal but I really want a cigarette.

Maybe it is seasonal but you will hate yourself for blowing a year plus quit.  Smoking a cigarette will do absolutely NOTHING positive for you.  Everything that comes with smoking is negative.

Don't give in.  You've done so well in keeping the quit.  These craves or thoughts will still come out from nowhere but smoking is not a solution to anything.

Please fight through this.  It will get better..

• Like 4

Kdad, sorry you're having a tough day. Have you tried the air cigarette? It works great at tricking your mind. These seasonal changes can get to us but you were wise enough to post. It shows you how much you want to keep your quit!

Don't give in, this too shall pass, you got this. 

• Like 2

Seasonal triggers are real and craves that pop up out of nowhere in a solid quit can throw you.

These are the dying embers of the addiction and have no power whatsoever over you.

Vigilance is needed to identify smoky thoughts and we must refuse to let them grow.

You have quit smoking, Kdad.  You are still building your quit and your new free life.

Reward yourself for crushing this trigger.  

You Don't Smoke Anymore.

Look for another 'winter coming' activity that celebrates your freedom,

it is a spectacular time of the year.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 4

I am so glad you are victorious !  They don't last long but, can be really intense and fatal to a quit if you let them get a hold.

Smoking only holds failure, despair and illness.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 4

Good job and yay for you, Kdad!  I still get smoking thoughts sometimes but they are usually easy to ignore and don't last long.  If you really need to distract yourself, come on over and help me shovel all this winter snow that arrived today.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kdad said:

Maybe it is seasonal but I really want a cigarette.

Oh no Kdad.  It wasn't too long ago we had your big party.  I dislike winter too.  We have so many gray and overcast days.  You must just be having a brain blip.  I know you are loving your smoke free life.  I am so glad you posted so we can be here for you.   

• Like 4

Late as usual ...time Zone stinks ....

Well done for coming here @Kdad...and getting it out in the open

Phew !!!!! I thought I would have to come over there and give you a good whack with my frying pan ..

Filling your clean lungs with loads of tar , and nicotine will not make winter go away any quicker ...

Stay close to the board a while ,if it will help ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1