I quit

Urkster

I am so happy you have found us and congratulations on making the decision to quit !  You will not regret this, Urkster.

Freedom is exceptionally delicious.

Stock up on some fruit juices because your blood sugar goes a little crazy for the first days.

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction, this will help you on your journey.

You may find this thread helpful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Help Yourself Quit Smoking

and you may find these videos helpful from our friend, Joel Spitzer,

Daily Quitting Lesson Guide

• Like 4

Welcome urkster and congratulations on taking back your life. You'll find as much support as you need or want here along with great topics to help you along the way.

We also have an awesome social section which is great for helping you keep your mind occupied so be sure to check out all our forums :)

• Like 4

Hi urkster!  So glad you found us.  This is a great place to solidify your quit.  There is plenty of support and education for quitting smoking.  Stay close and shout out if you need us.  We are all her to help and want to see you succeed.   I never thought I could quit until I found this forum.  They held me up, made me laugh through the tough times and showed me the path to freedom.

• Like 5

Welcome to QuitTrain, Urkster!  Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking.  It is one of the best things you can possibly do.

Stick close to this site.  Read up on nicotine addiction and reach out if you are struggling.

It is good to have you here.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Urkster said:

Hey. I am a Dutch guy 31. I signed up to quittrain a while ago with the intension of quitting on day. That day has come. After many failed half assed tries this is going to be it. 

Don't loose your midnight moment of clarity, Urkster !

Choose Freedom, choose quality of life.

Hope to see you back soon.

• Like 3

Hello and Welcome aboard ....

Read all you can ..watch all Joel's videos...you fight this addiction with knowledge....

Folks who stay around ,join in ,are the ones most likely to succeed.....

Believe in yourself ...you can do it ...

Take smoking off the table ...no matter what ...

• Like 1

Day 1 complete. It sucked but I made it. Maybe a tip for other people don't quit on a Sunday. Bored out of my mind haha went for a walk maybe 7 times. But I made it I have bin reading your comments it helped allot thx all.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Urkster said:

Day 1 complete. It sucked but I made it. Maybe a tip for other people don't quit on a Sunday. Bored out of my mind haha went for a walk maybe 7 times. 

Nothing beats a good walk when craving and feeling restless.

Congratulations on putting Day One behind you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Urkster said:

Day 1 complete. It sucked but I made it. Maybe a tip for other people don't quit on a Sunday. Bored out of my mind haha went for a walk maybe 7 times. But I made it I have bin reading your comments it helped allot thx all.

Congratulations, Urkster !

Part of quitting is learning how to do nothing, take breaks etc. without a smoke.

This will get easier and easier with each and every crave and trigger you conquer.

Check out our friend, Joel Spitzer's

How To Do Nothing Without A Cigarette

Keep in mind that some urges for a smoke are really signals that your body needs something, like water or food or rest....

H.A.L.T  (Hungry. Angry (emotional) Lonesome (bored) Tired) can account for a lot.

Riffing On H.A.L.T.

• Like 2

Good job Urkster.  Keep trudging forward.  First couple of days are the tough ones, but you can do it.    Keep your mind on the prize - a life free of smoking.

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 2