Hello!

Steph2019

I’m introducing myself-

im new around here and happy to have finally found a forum/community to support my quit.

i was successful 5 years ago when I quit and used a forum online- 2 years later my success ended shortly after I stopped using my online support community.

its time for me to do this again, and I hope to gather support and support others here. Thanks for having me.

• Like 10

Welcome to Quit Train Steph! You have found what is in my opinion the best support site for quitting smoking. It can be a rough ride at times so it helps so much to be able to talk with other quitters who really "get it". We have a NOPE page here dedicated to pledging your commitment to not take even one puff on a daily basis.There is also a wealth of information in print and videos here to help inform you about nicotine addiction so please use those resources. Knowledge is power and we have a wealth of knowledge here :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steph2019 said:

im new around here and happy to have finally found a forum/community to support my quit.

i was successful 5 years ago when I quit and used a forum online- 2 years later my success ended shortly after I stopped using my online support community.

Welcome, Steph,

You have found a great community of Smoke Free/Nicotine Free people.

Throwing away a five year quit is serious. 

Your quit must be independent from everything, it must stand apart, as Cristóbal points out in this thread,

You--->Your Quit--->Your Life

and depending on an internet site has it's dangers as Joel Spitzer addresses,

The Danger of Using Internet Quit Sites As A Crutch To Quit Smoking

We are here to support, advise and point you to resources if we can (also,  to have a bit of fun along the way)

but,

your quit should not be dependent on us.

Your quit needs to be all about YOU, all the way, 

You and your commitment to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever)

Here is another thread you may find helpful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Help Yourself Quit Smoking

Congratulations on quitting smoking today, Steph.

You can build yourself a sound and sturdy quit.

S

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Steph.  Quitting smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.

7 hours ago, Steph2019 said:

Thanks for having me.

Thanks for being here.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 4

Welcome Steph.  I found this forum to be a wonderful support for my quit.  After 42 years of many attempted quits, this place helped me realize that I had the power to do it.

Stay close and shout out when you need us, we are here to help you through this journey!

• Like 3