The moment of reckoning is close at hand

Opah

Well the Day I have been dreading and hoping for is near,  come Friday I am scheduled for my last interview with a top tier employer.

If all goes as expected the offer will be one that I shouldn't pass on, Fantastic money, super maintenance shop, top of the line equipment.

WOW that is great yes it is, the hick up in this Getty up is, I really like the position I am in, its only been 40 days here but I have a great crew,

I like my manager and the rest of the Maintenance staff.  But the down side it is salary and I have worked 36 of my first 40 days, the new position

is Hourly ie: i will get paid for the overtime I work unlike here.  I figured it out, just in the forty days i have been here I would have made an extra

$4,200.00.  and over the year quite a bit more 10,000 plus. 

I could use all the in sight you all have to offer, I may have 10 years left in me to work, that will put me at 70.  Please chime in  I really could use some

different views and opinions.

image.png.4f76f884a9a5459f04ad78eb85667c80.png

I would definitely consider your happiness above the money unless you really need the money. I'd also think about talking to your current boss about being compensated for overtime.

Also consider the other benefits like health insurance, sick leave, vacation pay etc...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Commute is 15 / 20 minutes longer, on surface streets

Benefits are very comparable

The shop is beautiful

I have only met the maintenance manager, he seems like a gear head

If there were no difference in pay I would stay here.

I am capable of taking a good team and making them great, I am very good at what I do

Would you drive 20 minutes longer for  $10,000.00 more a year ?

Questions I have been asking my self are:  in this order

what would benefit my family more?  money yes and possibly more time with the family, 

Could I succeed in this new position, Yes

Would I be ok with the added commute  Yes

As for the team I am flying blind, but can I develop good relations and skills in a team ?  Yes

Would I miss or regret this place now,  yes I would miss them, and there always the chance of regret

Could I come Back if it doesn't work out,  most likely not, they are hurting for supervision and me

leaving will throw them back into a hurt.

So this is a one way road if I choose to go down it.

I am still not smoking !   Thank you all for that help, advise, assistance and Care

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

I will say money is not as important as happiness.  Security is another issue.   Which job is more secure.  I have watched my husband age tremendously the last couple of years.  He is 65 and doing a physical stressful job is difficult.  He is ready for retirement.  I am sure you will make the right decision.  Not smoking helps clear the brain .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for listening 

Guess when I have all my ducks in a row and I know what is what the wife and I will toss the pro and cons on the scale and see which way it  leans.

at least after the interview and an offer is made I will be comparing apples to apple and oranges to oranges.

image.png.fcf21bad7a373f1ebf52817e4076e39c.png

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

Money brings happiness so I would go where the money is. 

Loving a job is all well and good but the harsh reality is they don't love you back. You leave and they will replace you and in a couple of months they'll be like opah who.

You may have less time with your family but the quality of life with all that money will be so much better. 

You've got retirement to be with each other 24/7. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is really hard not to let this consume me, I know Friday, Monday or Tuesday I will have all the information I will need to make a derision.

Right now its like having a great medium priced Car and  the promise of a newer greater car  but you have no Idea what it is going to be ?

• Like 1

Money may not bring happiness but it sure can make a environment that is very conducive of happiness.

Bills paid, nice home, dependable vehicles, and some savings in the bank, without the stress and worry of

Making a living you have the freedom to be Happy.

OK interview completed, now for the offer

Things did get easier, is it a salary position so the OT is now off the board

so it really will come down to how much they offer

Any where close to what I am making now, its no contest

I am happy where I am

image.png.85b88406cdc206d0d789fa46a833b7a2.png

Edited by Opah
  • Like 4

No that is not a canary in my mouth !

image.png.938a8754cca485301d36262940bdfcdf.png

I am holding my breath until I hear what I want !

Boy the corporate wheels turn slow, but they grind very fine?

what ever that means ?

Edited by Opah
  • Like 3

Thank you Jordan:

This may be like a pot of water on the stove,  It wont boil till I stop watching it ! But the signs are there !

Every where I look, there they are SIGNS ! SIGNS !

Edited by Opah
  • Like 1

I got on the wrong freeway and was an hour late for the last interview, I am never late, well I was never late.

Surprised they still interviewed Me, but the interview went exceedingly well.  I just hate this waiting

I was eating chill pills for the last 2 days and when I looked at them Close I found out they were M&Ms

• Like 1

I made the interview, I called before the time I was to be there and they move my appointment back one hour.

They were OK with my explanation I believe.

Just wish this was done, A nerves Belly and this waiting are really wreaking havoc on my digestive system.

The tension has been minimized by me mentally saying  the serenity prayer in my head every time I start getting wound up

about it.

This to shall pass

image.png.3c0dd593bc61e69de9f6f1f3d2970010.png

Edited by Opah
  • Sad 3

Opah, relax and enjoy the ride since there is no bad outcome.  You are very happy where you are and don't really want to leave (and it sounds as if staying is really your preference), so unless there is an offer on a whole new financial level you are already where you want to be.  Good luck on whatever outcome you think will make you happiest.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1