Stressful weekend

mightyboosh

The last weekend was a billion percent stressful for a variety of reasons. However, the strange thing is that it didn't cross my mind at any time to have a cig. It's not that I had to fight an urge, I just didn't think about them. I can only put it down to my no option situation. That has really done it for me.

I'm not complacent though, I know how the monster works. I realise that the demon is just trying another tactic with me so I'm on guard against the trickery.

• Like 11

You've taken smoking off the table and realize that smoking is not some magic cure for stress.

It is always encouraging to see quitters address the big issues early in the process.

You are building a mighty quit for yourself Mr. Boosh.  Good job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had a really stressful time about 6 weeks into my quit that really tested me. That was the last really big test for me. I mean, I had urges and what not after that but no real close call. You got through it and that alone will be there for you to call on in future. It's a good thing!! Sucks to have stress in your life but great to know you can get through it without even thinking about smoking - that's the silver lining to your dark cloud :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1