7 Years Today

Cristóbal

On October 14 2012, I woke in the morning and decided on a whim to not smoke for one day.

I had been smoking for over 30 years, 2 packs a day for most of those years since I was a teen. I had not thought too much about quitting, my health was good and my quit was not planned -  I thought I liked smoking - but for some reason on the day I quit I decided that I was becoming tired of it.

After several days my wife realized I was not smoking and decided to quit also.

My cold turkey quit was very easy. I did not ever have days that I thought were very difficult. However my wife´s cold turkey quit was awful for her, so at 36 days of my quit I looked for support for her. I found this support for her on QSMB (Quit Smoking Message Board forum where many people on QuitTrain came from).

I thought that with that forum I was going to help only her, but as I spent more and more time there I realized that I was actually helping both of us.....and then with time I transformed from being a student to being a teacher, and became involved with helping people quit smoking and find freedom from nicotine addiction wherever and whenever I could.

This activity continues today.

It is my personal passion and mission to this day to help people quit smoking, and demonstrate that with education about nicotine addiction and support it is never impossible for any smoker to find permanent freedom from cigarettes and nicotine, and a longer life of much higher quality.

If you are struggling with your quit, or still smoking and just thinking of quitting, it is important that you internalize the fact that it is *¨NEVER IMPOSSIBLE* for any smoker to quit smoking permanently.

Commitment to your quit, and to your education about smoking and nicotine addiction, are the keys to your permanent freedom.

Cristóbal

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Congratulations on 7 years quit Cristobal, and thank you for continuing to pay it forward. It meant so much to me as a newbie when someone years quit would take the time to help others. It's because of members like you that I am still supporting others too. So again, thank you and congratulations to both you and your wife :)

• Like 6

Congrats, Cristobal! These forums (QSMB* and QTrain) are powerful help to those of us who decided to NTAP or NOPE! Celebrate your success and KTQ! 😎

*QSMB is where I started and is now defunct! 🙄

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 5

Congratulations, Cristóbal, on your and Wife's Seven Years of Freedom !

You were a seminal influence on my quit and continue to be a strong influence.
Thank you for making a difference in many lives.  

Here are two of my favorite posts of yours, I often bump. 

They will hold their wisdom and power forever.

Your Quit & Your Life

Cristóbal's Quit Days %

• Like 5

Cristobal is a rock star.

Set yourself free and in the process contributed what most of us consider must read material for those of us that followed your lead.  You have helped more people than you will ever know.

Congratulations on your quit and thank you for all you have done.

• Like 3

Hi Cristóbol! Congratulations on 7 years.  I’m a QSMB refugee riding the QT.  I recall reading many of your pinned & not-pinned posts in my early quit days.  I, too, was a cold turkey quitter.  Like your wife, I had some struggles in the beginning.  Your posts, QSMB, and all levels of phartes helped me secure my forever quit.  Thank you for sticking around & helping others all these years later. Bravo!

-L4L

• Like 1