Um...Notsmokinjo wot the hell does .... mean

notsmokinjo

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Um..one of the wees will know but I think it means working..... @WeegieWoman or @Wee fluffy me???? Am I on the money?

On the money = to be right.

Seems it's either "working" like you say: Heaving loads of material from one place to another or also perhaps blabbering incoherently and possibly spelled havering and/or vomiting, which isn't a nice thought but sometimes happens with copious amounts of alcohol?

I'm thinking of the song by the Proclaimers. I was thinking they were from Aussi but they're from Edinburgh which is in Scotland I believe. They are heavering in one part of that song they were famous for. Just not sure what the reference was, Hoping now it's not 🤢! We do need a Scott to weight in here for sure!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 8:00 PM, notsmokinjo said:

Dya reckon it's cos a lot a scouse made the trip south at her magesties pleasure? 

Dya - do you

Reckon - think

"Reckon" is used a lot here in the Southern United States as well.  Same meaning here.

For instance:

"I think Bakon is dumber than a sack of hammers."

"Ya reckon?"

Edited by Boo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

When it's cold enough to freeze ya nipples...as in frozen nipples (fribbles)..so the surf report might be..."pack ya wetty cos she's fribbly today"

Shouldn't frozen nipples be fripples? Or do all your p's turn into b's? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 2:08 AM, reciprocity said:

So; what's "heaverin' " mean.

(Oops! Maybe that's Scottish - or Icelandic or something?)

On 7/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, notsmokinjo said:

Um..one of the wees will know but I think it means working..... @WeegieWoman or @Wee fluffy me???? Am I on the money?

On the money = to be right.

Haverin means to talk a load of rubbish 😘

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Drongo....a low level insult meaning someone is an idiot or stupid. 

Dag...well technically this is the dried bits if shit that hang on the wool around a sheep's arse...but in the great land down under...it means a person who is unfashionable or a little odd. 

Daggy...(usually cloths) an adjective to describe someone's appearance or behaviour...like dad jokes, they are daggy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/24/2020 at 6:08 AM, Wee fluffy me said:

Haverin means to talk a load of rubbish 😘

Thanks for solving that one Wee fluffy me!

LOL - I've actually been known to do a bit of haverin myself from time to time 😂

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Dag...well technically this is the dried bits if shit that hang on the wool around a sheep's arse...

We call those dingle balls......🤣

• Haha 3