I relapsed with one cigarette and stopped again

Axyz

Ugh okay so after 6/7 weeks smoke free I was surrounded by a fellow quitter who re-started smoking a few days back, I took several drags from her cigarette! However I dont have the crave to do more! I am however suffering with that consequence by coughing 🌚😭

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Axyz! Well we all know how those relapses are... and good for you that you are not going back to smoking! - but- make a plan, you don't want to fall into that same pit over and over again.. (which will guarantee a relapse)
Stay closer to the forum and commit! ;) 

Edited by Vivianne
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear you chose to smoke, Axyz.

Even if you have a quit buddy, you need to make your quit all about YOU

and not pay any mind to other people's failures or, be tempted by other smokers.

You are not missing anything...they are missing everything.

I am glad you decided to start again.

You can build yourself a successful quit

by learning more about nicotine addiction and internalizing the information.

NOPE means NOPE

and Freedom is delicious.

• Like 2

Sorry you smoked and lost your previous quit ....

But good to hear you are back on track ....

Learn by this ...so next time your more prepared ....

There will always be smokers ....you have to guard your quit ....it's your life .....

Re- read everything again ... specially Romancing the cig ....

• Like 2

Restart the whole process from the beginning once again .

Staying away from cigarettes will give you more satisfaction than smoking it in the long run .

I did a very detailed blood test yesterday because the doctor said so .

Thank lord , everything is normal .

I was very tensed until i got that result .

You do not want to go through that

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you relapsed, but happy to hear you're not going to keep smoking and set a quit date for a week or so.

You messed up. We all have, it's not the end of the world.

Do it again and we're going to have to have a serious talk though. ;)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Axyz said:

I am however suffering with that consequence by coughing 🌚😭

Commit that cough and the feelings of regret to memory.  Those are the realities of smoking.

The pleasant memories of smoking created by the addicted mind are lies.  Even the lies we choose to accept as truth are still lies.

The realities of smoking are not the things from which pleasant memories are born.

Good job getting right back on the horse.  Ride on to freedom.

• Like 3

Get right back aboard the Train! It's so important not to let a momentary lapse become full-blown addiction again. You had a few puffs. It was an unfortunate choice, but you learned from it. Now recommit to never taking a single puff again! You can do it.

• Like 3

Sometimes people relapse. You've done well to get right back on again but you know you will need to be extra careful now to keep your quit.  The brain is funny and will want to give in more easily having relapsed once.  

I tried to build a system to not smoke by going into temptation on my own terms i.e. I would choose to go and stand with smoke buddies but it was a moment when I was prepared and knew ahead of time what I was going to do.  This helped me prepare for the unexpected triggers because I had built up an internal mechanism and routine to resist.

Not that it wasn't hard ... it just was something I could leverage.

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Like 4

On 10/8/2019 at 11:25 AM, Axyz said:

Ugh okay so after 6/7 weeks smoke free I was surrounded by a fellow quitter who re-started smoking a few days back, I took several drags from her cigarette! However I dont have the crave to do more! I am however suffering with that consequence by coughing 🌚😭

This is the danger of quit buddies ie they broke their quit and you then broke yours. 

Good to see you back to quitting