Random Shout Outs

notsmokinjo

Right! So! I thought let's take a nice hot shower to get a break into the dullness (as prescribed by someone here.. probably @Sazerac ;)). 
We have a new boiler, and well I haven't figured the thing out yet. Easy to use, but I want it efficient, cost friendly... it's an 80 L boiler for 2, so no need to keep it running all day long. 
Anyway.. no hot water, just tepid water.. meh!! 
Stupid boiler..

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

@Vivianne

Read the directions and learn your machine, Ms V !

Oh I did. From cover to cover. And it's very simple
5 modes:
Comfort high - 87 degrees Celsius, always heating when used - high in costs
Comfort low - 67 degrees Celsius, always he...etc - high in costs
Smart high - it calibrates your pattern for 1 week and heats up to 87 degrees Celsius only in that pattern -moderate in costs
Smart low - same as above but to 67 degrees Celsius - moderate in costs
Off peak - Vacation, will only heat at night to 25 degrees Celsius - low in costs

The problem with the smart function is that with only two ppl you don't really establish a pattern (we don't shower a lot, we use a washcloth to get clean every day) 
So when we shower it's when we really want to, which can be any time during the week 😛 Like what happened tonight, it didn't predict my shower ;)

15 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

You can't be going into Winter w/out running HOT.

Can you at least fill up a tub with kettle water ?

Hot water is essential luxury.  

Oh yeah we have hot water (no tub, just a shower alas). Just a smart boiler that is not so smart after all ;) 

• Like 3

The smart thermostats are pretty cool actually, once you get the hang of them. We have an Ecobee and the possible setting are endless pretty much. It also reads humidity, tells you what the weather outside is doing (rain, sun, snowing etc.). I like it. Can't say whether it saves us and $$ but it's neat to play around with it :) 

• Like 2

Oh these new fangled contraptions, I swear.

I'm glad not to worry about hot water for Ms V.

I've lived without and still appreciate it everyday.

Although this summer could've turned hot water heater off

and get a hot shower/do dishes around noon from El Sol.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Vivianne said:

I am gonna be smart too and go to sleep..

Have fun all!!!

Hmm.. and now I feel hungry...

Contemplating getting out of bed and make an omelet on toast with a bit of mayo and mushrooms and bacon.. 

Yeah.. the joys of early quit days and bloodsugar going haywire

I will  work out tomorrow! 

*gets out of bed again*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2