New here!!!

Ray1198

Hi guys this is Ray, and I’m ready to get rid of this nasty habit and join you guys for good! I had quit before and then stupidity got the best of me. I just got off the plane smoked my last cigarette and threw them and the lighter away. Here we go again 20 mins in... in a Uber tempted to pull over and buy again but NO I’m going straight home; posting this while I’m contemplating but I know this will help!!

• Like 6

Ray glad to have you aboard and so happy that you made the decision to quit -- it will in the end bring you great joy.  Quitting may be a bit difficult at first but it can be done.  Come here often not for just education but advice from others and socialization and most definitely try using the NOPE pledge each day -- it really helped me.  Anyway drink plenty of cold water (or juice to help keep the blood sugar up) and use deep breathing techniques.  Keep committed and keep strong -- you can do this!!!!

• Like 5

Welcome aboard our train full of quitters Ray :) What a great gift you're giving yourself by quitting. You'll find as much support as you need/want here. No one knows what we go through better than those who've been through it. 

You'll have a lot of those contemplating moments in the beginning but all you need to do is post an SOS and we'll come running to help you past the crave :)

• Like 5

Hi and Welcome Ray ....

Spend time reading all you can here.....watch all Joel's video,s....

Education ....you Outsmart this Monster.....

You can do it ....you just have to believe you can and you will....

Stay close to the board ,post often ...were here to help you every step of the way ..

Congratulations ridding yourself of this killer addiction...

• Like 4

Welcome Ray.  You have landed in the right place for help.  I smoked for 42 years and never thought I could quit.  Found this forum and I am now over a year quit.  You will find lots of information and support.  It amazed me how simple it really was.  Yes there is usually a hell week but the rest is just a matter of redirecting those thoughts.  Stay focused, educate yourself and post often.  We are here to guide you through.  

• Like 5

Hi Ray1198-welcome & congratulations on throwing out the pack!  Since you’ve quit before- you know the first few days can be maddening!   Charge up your devices & stick to this forum.   Come here for support & distraction.  In my early quit days- playing games in the socializing section got me thru a ton of craves. 

Glad you’re here!  

—L4L

• Like 5

Welcome aboard, Ray.  Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking.

Read as much as you can here about nicotine addiction (the more you know, the better equipped you are to beat this addiction).  Also, keep reaching out when you need help.  There is a lot of support here.

It is good to have you here.

• Like 4