Rewards!

mrsguest

I am stumped! I don't know how to reward myself for getting over cravings, getting thru certain situations, etc. 

What are some of the things y'all do or used to do? 

I just bought a new-to-me car yesterday so that's off the table. lol (pics SURELY to come once it's light outside) 

• Like 6

Truth be told, I never did anything special for my self really. For me it was the pride in knowing I had put another notch in my quit belt that was most rewarding. I guess if you have a special interest or hobby, spend a little $$ in that direction for something that makes you happy. Or something as insignificant as having a special meal you wouldn't normally have, go to a movie you've wanted to see .... anything that brings you a little joy. A temporary, happy escape from your daily grind. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I love the feeling of being proud of myself, it's something I have never felt before. 

I just need to quit eating every time I don't smoke - it's adding up. 
Last time I quit I gained 20 lbs in 3.5 weeks! That is/was outrageous. 
I still have that weight. 

I don't need anymore. 😞 sigh. 

• Like 8

Rewards .....they can be anything ...from a magazine to a new hair do....

As long as you get that pat on the back feeling ...what you are achieving is kinda wonderful....

I can remember being in my early quit ...and some guy asked me for a light ...i can still the sense of pride j got saying ..I don't smoke ...I high five,d myself in the air ..

• Like 8

There are some rewards listed by quitters in the comments of The Significance OF Rewards thread.

I will look for more reward threads for you.

I ate Satsumas as a reward.

Often my reward and one that stimulated endorphins was a few concentrated breaths and looking at something of beauty.

(that light on that leaf or the color of the sky, the shape of that cloud etc.)

Baths, with smellies if you like.

A perfect nap in clean crisp sheets.

Listening, concentrated listening with headphones, to a favorite piece of music.

Taking a walk in the moonlight or to look at the stars.

I kept the dosh for a pack a day in a big Mason jar and watched it grow...and quickly !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You can treat yourself to anything that may make you feel good as well as proud.  A small special treat with dinner (food or drink), a quick walk at sunset to reflect all that you have done for yourself during the quit.  A hot soak during the evening.  Special time with a special person (or pet or just yourself).  Anything that makes you feel fuzzy and warm on the inside and you can take a few minutes to relax -- just keep it simple!!!!

Save for the extravagant celebrations for the 1st month, the 3rd month, the 6th month and most definitely that 1 year mark -- or you can go all out on any celebration if you desire, any reward for quitting you deserve!!!!!

• Like 3

Today I bought some baby's breath to put in my Halloween (yes, already! lol) vases. I normally wouldn't decorate because my bipolar makes me lazy and blah, but the past couple of days have put a pep in my step . . . 

And I have been actually lighting my candles instead of hoarding them. Today I am burning Pumpkin Peanut Brittle. 
I am most positive my nose appreciates nice smells more now. ❤️ 
So I suppose these are rewards for myself, it sure feels like it anyway! Plus, when I reached in my wallet to pay for the baby's breath, there was extra $$ in there from not buying smokes! 😄

20190928_162604.jpg

20190928_162534.jpg

• Like 4