6 Months

Lilly

I really can't believe I am saying that.

One of the best things I ever did. I still don't feel confident enough to say I'll never smoke again. That scares me a little because I feel I'm leaving the door open still. I over think everything though so could be I'm just doing that with my quit. 

I appreciate the smallest things the most like my clothes still smelling freshly washed at the end of the day. My perfume lasts ages now that I'm not pouring half the bottle over me to cover up the smell of cigarettes x

• Like 7

Congrats!!!!  Yes many benefits and you will see more.  You can feel not quite confident at this stage but as time goes by you will.  It is good that you comment on this, it shows that you are remaining vigilant to the quit!!!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations Lilly.

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

One of the best things I ever did. I still don't feel confident enough to say I'll never smoke again. That scares me a little because I feel I'm leaving the door open still. I over think everything though so could be I'm just doing that with my quit. 

Believing and internalizing that I was done with smoking and would never smoke again was the last hurdle I cleared in the process.  I was almost at the one-year mark when I was able to believe that my quit was permanent.

The acceptance will come with time.

• Like 3

Thank you everyone. 

You've put my mind at rest boo so thank you for that.

QueenB you are doing so well. We are very close in our quits and it's so good to see us both getting closer to that one year mark x

Update - I can't seem to get the thought of smoking out my head. I keep telling myself I've proved I can do it and feel I've achieved my goal. Hope this thought doesn't keep growing. 

Edited by Lilly