Goodbye Summer!

Reciprocity

Last day of summer today. It was a great one where I live. Hope it was the same where you are. I guess for the Aussie's it's the last day of winter (such as it is down there).

Tomorrow we usher in Autumn. That magical visual time of year!

tenor.gif?itemid=12627678

Then .......................................................................................................

duluth-halloween-blizzard.gif?itok=FUGvQ

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 8

Yipper summer has ended here (had a really good summer, not too hot or dry).  However, the rainy season has started much to early.  We already have 3 times the amount of rain we get on average for the whole month of September.  Oh well at least it is not hot and my favorite season is underway!!!!

image.png.e16f671980f192dd315e6deb1d26a57d.png

• Like 7

The good news is: we had a couple of days where the high stayed below ninety this week.

The bad news is: another wave of hot air is on its way this week.  October is a little over a week away and we're still looking at temperatures pushing 100 degrees.

Summer has a way of overstaying its welcome here in the South.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Summer over stays every year here. September and October are nice and warm with Santa Ana winds but it will be nice to get some rain. Our last measurable rain was in May and by measurable I mean about 1/8 of an inch 😞

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Our summer is over today also.  We are still having days in the 80's with humidity.   I love this time of year but dread winter.  My husband is finally retiring in January.  Looking forward to being a snowbird!

• Like 5

Boo - I am jealous that you live in Tennessee. I dream of living there. I was married in Sevierville (near Gatlinburg) and it is simply stunning. 

I am super glad fall is here - it is my favorite season! It could stay fall forever and I wouldn't mind a bit. I love the trees, the smell of bonfires, deer hunting season, etc. . . 

I just wish it would come like flipping a switch, lol! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Boo said:

October is a little over a week away and we're still looking at temperatures pushing 100 degrees.

My hubby and I are heading your way the week of October 14th.  I have a friend near Memphis.  Aren't you in Nashville, Boo?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrsguest said:

Boo - I am jealous that you live in Tennessee. I dream of living there. I was married in Sevierville (near Gatlinburg) and it is simply stunning. 

Beautiful country.  I love the fact that in spite of the Great Smoky Mountains being the most visited national park in the system, you can still get a little off the beaten path and get away from it all out there.

A friend of mine lives in Townsend, which is just a bit south of Sevierville.  He has a 360 degree view of the mountains from his house and can walk to a river with great trout fishing.  That dude is living the good life.

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

My hubby and I are heading your way the week of October 14th.  I have a friend near Memphis.  Aren't you in Nashville, Boo?

I live in Dayton now.  About 100 miles east of Nashville as the crow flies.  Not being a crow, that equals roughly a two-hour drive to Music City.

• Like 5

It has been gorgeous here by me! I love this time of year...high temps in the low 80's and high 70's during the day and 60's at night...and low humidity!!! Perfect weather in my book....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

We have had a weather warning in place for 2 days ....so much rain ..geez...my garden is waterlogged..

Our spring was like that here. I couldn't even cut my lawn because of standing water. The gardens were under water most of the time. The ground can only hold so much then it just pools. Hope the rain stops for you soon. It's supposed to rain here all next week too ..... welcome to autumn; cool and rainy 😞 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1