Having a Hard Time

mrsguest

2 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

My wife quit years before I did. I think I respected that fact that she was quitting as much as I could, even though I know I wasn't ready to quit then too. Wouldn't smoke around her or in the car if we were both there etc. It was probably around that time I quit smoking in the house. I suppose I regretted that come winter but hey, we all know that we will do whatever it takes to feed our addiction right? If anything, maybe I was a little jealous that she was doing what deep down inside, I knew I should be doing as well? I think you would be well within your rights to have a frank discussion about this with hubby, at the right time. Tell him how you're feeling. Ask him how he feels about what you are doing? OK .... I'll take off my Dr. Phil hat now 😄

But I like your Dr. Phil hat! 
That was very nice & respectful of you toward your wife. 
I suppose I should talk with him, he is my bestest friend after all ❤️ even though he is on my last nerve right now. 

• Like 3

@mrsguest....lucky you having a toy boy ......lol...

No serious ...this is your quit ...your baby ...as long as you take it serious enough to stay quit ..it doesn't matter what other folks think ...

As time goes on ..and you put some good time behind you ...he will get it ...just keep going ...

• Like 2

Hey mrs, good morning !

Joel has a lot of information, I am glad he is resonating with you.

I spent a lot of time with Joel in my early quit especially and find him helpful to this day.

Cristóbal recommends watching 3 or so of his videos a day and I did at least that.

Here is his In House Library, Joel Spitzer's Quit Smoking Video Library

and one for some things you bring up,  The Importance of Quitting For Yourself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

@mrsguest....lucky you having a toy boy ......lol...

🤣🤣🤣yes! it is wonderful ❤️ 

36 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Hey mrs, good morning !

Joel has a lot of information, I am glad he is resonating with you.

I spent a lot of time with Joel in my early quit especially and find him helpful to this day.

Cristóbal recommends watching 3 or so of his videos a day and I did at least that.

Here is his In House Library, Joel Spitzer's Quit Smoking Video Library

and one for some things you bring up,  The Importance of Quitting For Yourself

Good morning Sazerac! Joel has become a very important part of my quit, yes. 
Thank you for any video suggestions from him!

Edited by mrsguest
  • Like 2

I remember early on walking a couple of blocks past my train station because I was ghosting someone who was smoking and I was having a moment 2nd hand smoking....and like @jillar said at times I do still like that fresh tobacco smell, it just doesn't tempt me....I like the smell of petrol too, doesn't mean I'm Gunna go sniffin it or drink it.

I also get the feeling of others not taking your quit seriously because you loved smoking ... I did too, until I didn't.... I'm still dealing with people in my life doubting my quit....but I see that as a challenge, love to prove them wrong.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mrsguest said:

I want a cigarette today, all day long. It is bad today. I don't know why. 
😪
However, I am sticking with my dum-dums, JAC, Joel, and NTAP pledge to myself.

I just needed to 'say' it out loud. 

I know why.

You quit smoking ! and you are dealing with addiction !

Say it LOUD LOUD LOUD LOUD  FREE YOUR HEAD !!!

YOU DON'T SMOKE ANYMORE !!!

Here are some messages from our friend, Joel.

I Want One

Fixating On A Cigarette

Who Wants To Go Back To Smoking

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrsguest said:

I want a cigarette today, all day long. It is bad today. I don't know why. 

There's no harm in wanting a cigarette.  It's to be expected early in the process of quitting.  Gets back to the quitter's paradox: I don't want to be a smoker, but I sure could go for a cigarette.

These are the moments where quits are built.  Those times when the petulant voice of addiction screams for a fix and you stand your ground and say: NO!

You're doing great.  Hang in there.

• Like 2