I'm Back!

mrsguest

Never quit quitting, right? So I am back. I tried quitting at the end of last year - succeeded for about 3.5 weeks. Pretty good for me! I quit again yesterday and of course I need a support system so here I am again. You all were great last time! Although I didn't post much, I sure did lurk a lot, lol :)

I don't remember how to change my ticker, so if someone could help me out with that, I'd appreciate it! 

• Like 6

Hey, mrsguest.

Welcome back!

Part of the support system involves your participation.

The more involved in your quit the better the chance of success.

Here is a post you may find helpful,

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Help Yourself Quit Smoking

number 4 will help you with tickers.

The rest will help you build a successful quit.

V. glad you decided to quit smoking.

It will be a pleasure to see you succeed.

• Like 4

Welcome back Mrs. Guest, yes never quit quitting. You WILL succeed. I'd suggest sticking close this time. When I first quit I found that posting every time I was having a hard time found me surrounded by support from my fellow quitters. I formed such strong bonds with them that I didn't want to let them down and was able to keep my quit. You can too. We will be here to help you every step of the way :)

As far as your ticker, you'll need to delete your current one first. Then create a new one and copy it into your signature :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 4

Glad you came back mrsguest.  This time let's get this done.  I agree that you need to stay close to the forum.  Play some games and get to know us.  We do want to see you succeed.  It will be a tough couple of weeks and then redirecting those craves.  You can do this!

• Like 3

Thanks for the great advice & tips everyone :)

I plan on hanging out as much as I can. I work on an assembly line during the day and it's really hard to type while the line is moving, but I will try during breaks & lunch, etc. and when I get home. But I will be here reading for sure. 

The last 2 days have been rough but I am hanging in there. I don't want to give up. I am tired of stinking, not being able to breathe, spending money, and countless other things. 

• Like 3

Welcome back ...

Let's make this your sticky quit ...

Take our daily pledge ...it's a massive tool...in my early quit ,once I made that promise not to smoke ,k knew there was no going back that day..

Try and join in ,as much as you can ..those that do are more likely to succeed ...

Quitting can be fun ...it's not all doom and gloom ..so come up and play ...it makes the days pass more quicker .

You can do it ...

• Like 5

11 hours ago, mrsguest said:

I don't want to give up. I am tired of stinking, not being able to breathe, spending money, and countless other things.

This is a great reason not to give up! I'm glad you're back and giving it another try. Even if you can only lurk it can be very helpful! Stick around and post when you can everyone will do everything they can to help you!

• Like 6

Welcome back Mrs. Guest.

19 hours ago, mrsguest said:

The last 2 days have been rough but I am hanging in there. I don't want to give up. I am tired of stinking, not being able to breathe, spending money, and countless other things. 

The rough parts experienced early in the quit are temporary.  Freedom from cigarettes is permanent.

It is one of the best investments you will ever make.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1