Vapers seek relief from nicotine addiction in — wait for it — cigarettes

Interesting article and not a surprise to me.

Prior to quitting nicotine for good, I tried to switch to vaping from tobacco three times in an attempt to quit smoking.  Each time I vaped for roughly two weeks before going back to smoking cigarettes.  This is just my experience but I felt I was vaping a lot more than I was smoking since it was easier to vape than smoke and I didn't have that nasty smoker's smell.  I got weird headaches and felt sick by consuming that much nicotine.  I actually grew to feel worse by vaping than by smoking.

The best way to freedom is to put all types of nicotine behind you for good.

• Like 4

Well, I never thought I'd hear that people are turning to cigs to cure a vape problem! That is so ironic.

I used one for a while in an attempt to quit cigs but I just ended up doing both. A big problem with e-cigs is that there's no natural stop point as there is with a real cig so folks puff away almost continually. 

It's cold turkey all the way with me.

• Like 7

Yeah - that's bizarre! Sounds like people are digging themselves in even deeper by looking for shortcuts to quitting. Hey, it's natural for people to want to avoid the hard work and discomfort of quitting but in the end, there really is no other true way to freedom than to suck it up and do the work to quit. Sure it's tough in the early days but it's not as bad as people imagine it to be once you make up your mind and jump into it.

• Like 3