The correct colour

mightyboosh

I bet your taste buds are thanking you too! No more smokey film build up covering them any longer. Have you noticed any difference in how certain foods taste to you now? It's not unusual to start developing a taste for foods you may previously had overlooked or even stop eating things you used to like as a smoker.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

I've just noticed that my tongue is pink again. It looks healthy now.

Yaaaaa....Brilliant ...that's one of the first thing I noticed too...all that gunk had cleared from my tongue..

You know that thick film we had as smokers... yuk....I remember feeling quite proud of that ...

Your taste buds should spring into action now ...and your sense of smell...

• Like 5

One of the first things I noticed too Phil but only because my tongue was so sore for the first three or four weeks. Guess it was from shedding that thick film and emerging new again. Reciprocity is right too about the food, :)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Have you noticed any difference in how certain foods taste to you now? It's not unusual to start developing a taste for foods you may previously had overlooked or even stop eating things you used to like as a smoker.

Absolutely. The increased sense of taste is outstanding. Even lettuce, cucumber etc. that I would previously have thought quite tasteless, now has a flavour. 

• Like 5

I'm not sure if I ever noticed the colour of my tongue after quitting, but I do remember coughing up crap from my lungs for a while afterwards. Kind of gross, but so gratifying at the same time. It is amazing the transformation our bodies go through. 

• Like 5