I relapsed , I want to start again as soon as possible

Sunshine59

Sorry about your little one. Hope she is on the mend.

There are no valid reasons or excuses to smoke, you know that, don't you ?

Your quit must come first.

As Cristóbal says,  'You---->Your Quit---->Your Life

Please do more reading.  A lot more reading.

The facts about nicotine addiction must become as familiar as your name.

Once you have a deep understanding about addiction you will know that NOPE is the only way. 

NOPE gives you super powers.

When is day one ?  Why wait another minute ?

You need to be there for your child !

We are here when you need.

• Like 4

Thanks a lot for the reply .

Yes , Thank god , She is alright now .

I have set my new quit date September 13 2019  , 9/13/2019 .

OK , I am restarting this Quit again .

I will soon put a new ticker too .

I now know a lot about controlling most of these urges and triggers .

Some days are plain dull no matter how hard you try .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine59 said:

Some conditions led to the relapse , My 3 year old Kid had a light accident , she fell from the chair and had to put stitch in the back of her head .

I had to smoke after coming from the hospital .

It was one of the worse days of my life .

I want to restart again .

The FIRST PLACE to start is to both understand AND acknowledge that the above is a lie. 
"I had to smoke". 

No. 
You did not have to. 
You wanted to. 

If you can't start there - complete honesty. Drop the excuses. Drop the lies.
If you can't start there you have no hope. 
You will never be successful as long as you type and think things like the above drivel. 

EZPZ. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Sunshine59 said:

@Doreensfree

I have a question , i cant find a proper answer anywhere .

Does eating nicotine gums increase your sugar levels ?

Last time i did a blood test my sugar levels are a bit high .

I have control that too now

Here is an article Diabetic smokers beware - Nicotine raises blood sugar

The Effects of Long Term Nicotine Gum Use

To what extent does nicotine gum increase blood glucose levels?

• Like 1

Thanks a lot  everyone for the reply .

Yup , i have set my quit date . From that day on wards  i will be clean once again .

I am quitting again right now .

I have a high work load right now .

Everything should be alright within a month .

Time to set up a new ticker .

Glad your little girl is ok sunshine. I get the stress of you thinking you need to smoke but in reality its an excuse to smoke. Never smokers don't need to smoke when they're stressed so we need to change our mindset about needed to. Stay close and post BEFORE you cave so we can try to talk some sense into you!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine59 said:

Thanks a lot  everyone for the reply .

Yup , i have set my quit date . From that day on wards  i will be clean once again .

I am quitting again right now .

I have a high work load right now .

Everything should be alright within a month .

Time to set up a new ticker .

Are you gonna be smoking during this time?

Its a setup Sunshine.  Your falling for the okey doke!!!  Then by the time that date comes around.  Its gonna be something else!! You've got to do it now!!!

• Like 4

I agree. why wait? When did this happen anyway? You have been silent on this forum for some weeks now, although you have been logging in - just not posting. 

As others have said in their own words, smoking is a choice YOU made. Not one you were forced to make. As JIllar said, a person who never smoked would not have picked up a cigarette and lit it in your situation. You need to understand that this whole smoking or not smoking thing is completely under your control - no one else can make the choices for you.

You know you can quit because you were quit for quit some number of months before so get back on the train and get it done for good this time.

I'm happy your little girl is OK too. I'm sure it was very frightening as a parent to have gone through what you did.

• Like 3

Pots I am very disappointed in your constant relapses.  You have been off and on smoking since I quit over a year ago.   Every time you appear, I truly hope you are serious about quitting,  You make a little headway and then disappear again.  

It is time for you to make a choice to smoke or not to smoke.   No more excuses.  Let's get this done.  

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for the reply .

I was a bit busy because of my exam time , my course will be over within a month , so i have a bit of high workload right now .

I also  learned something new today  . The feeling you get after you finish a cigarette is mostly a shitty one .

There is no point in depending on this crap for whatever it is .

• Like 4

And for the record, three days from now is NOT"as soon as possible".  I'm not sure who you're trying to fool (other than yourself).

As soon as possible would have been the second you put out that stanky butt you smoked.  You're making excuses. We've all done it.

Now either you want to quit or you don't. If you do, you won't smoke again. If you don't, you will. It really is that simple.

• Like 5

Hey Pots, I'm glad your kid is ok.

Every time I hear a post from someone who relapses and says that they "had to smoke because..." I can't help but think of Cristobal's post that Sazerac shared,

Your Quit and Your Life - The Proper Sequence

A successful quitter realizes that they cannot smoke ever, no matter what life throws at them.  Relapsing and smoking a cigarette is a conscious decision.  No life event made the person light up.  The person decided to light up and relapse on their own.

A successful quitter must never allow a person or event influence them into lighting up again. 

In order to successfully quit, you must never take another puff.  Yes, take it one day and one moment at a time but the ups and downs of life (which will always be there) cannot influence your quit.  You must be serious about this and realize the only thing that can make you smoke is yourself.

I agree with the other posters too.  Why wait?  There is no better time than now.  You keep torturing yourself with all of these relapses. 

Start back now.  Commit to never taking another puff and reach out to this board anytime you feel tempted.  We all want to see you succeed but you are the one who has to make the commitment.

• Like 5

Thanks for all the replies ,

This is very weird , after months of suppressing and controlling it , all it takes is just one cigarette to again feel dependent on it .

Just one cigarette makes you want to smoke more cigarettes .

I have been stuck behind this computer following a distance education university course for the past 3 years now .

The only good thing is the course will end in one more month .

But this sitting , staring and studying for the past 3 years has made my overall health bad .

OK , Not extending the quit date to 9/13/2019 .

Doing it today itself .

9/11/2019 11:32 AM

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sunshine59 said:

This is very weird , after months of suppressing and controlling it , all it takes is just one cigarette to again feel dependent on it .

This statement is concerning to me. You have been here for well over a year and have just figured this out now? How many posts about people relapsing have you read here? It's ALWAYS the same story - 1 cigarette, even one puff, awakens your addiction again and makes you crave more cigarettes. It's the reason for NOPE. You know, that thing we pledge to ourselves every day.

Knowledge is power when you;re quitting. Read more of the posts people have made here Pots and research as much other material as you can about nicotine addiction. I really hope you can stay focused this time and that you have learned a valuable lesson about why NOPE is so critical to everyone's quit!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sunshine59 said:

That’s why we NOPE everyday.

Do it every day instead of making excuses to continue smoking.

Stay focussed.

9/11/2019 11:32 AM

• Like 4

Thanks reciprocity and catlover ,

I have this project work to complete which is a lot of stress and i am doing it alone since its a distance education thing .

Otherwise i would stop sitting in front of my computer and have done a lot more outdoor activity .

This is really making me sick .

I feel like eating 2 or 3 gums daily to stop the addictive urges .Please do not discourage me from eating gums .

Its like something that helps me to stay focused on my studies .

The studies is going to end in October , and i am very happy about it too .

By the end of October i will have my Degree .

Edited by Sunshine59

If you need the nicotine gum to maintain your quit until you graduate then I say do it. Quitting is #1 priority. How you do it is up to you but, please have it in your mind that once you get through this stressful time with your degree, slowly get off the gum then. 

• Like 1

reciprocity ,

Thanks for the reply .

That is a really good idea .

I will eat 2 or 3 gums daily until this whole education thing is over .

After that i am going to get out more and start working out in a gym .

Enough sitting and staring behind a computer .

I want to regain my health back

• Like 1