Movies You Like!

Reciprocity

There may be some movies you have watched that others have never even heard of and might like as well if they were to watch them. People have different likes and dislikes and that's fair but, it's still good to share your likes with others :) 

I never heard of this one when I got the DVD as a gift but liked it a lot when I watched it, even though it was pretty violent. The plot was interesting and kept me guessing what would happen next all the way through. I give it a 5  out of 5 star rating!  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit obsessed with Akira Kurosawa's samurai movies right now.  I read an article about how Kurosawa was heavily influenced by the westerns of John Ford.  Later, Sergio Leone drew heavily from Kurosawa's style.  Then, Kurosawa incorporated elements from Leone's "spaghetti westerns" in some of his later films.  There is a very symbiotic relationship between classic westerns and samurai movies.

I can't stop watching these Kurosawa movies.  The visuals are perfect.  The way he used sound really draws you into the movie.  Kurosawa understood something that far too many modern filmmakers have forgotten: you can build more drama with silence than you can having a million different things going on at one time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine59 said:

Rashomon is my favorite Kurosawa movie

I started with Seven Samurai.  Then watched Sanjuro and The Hidden Fortress.

I was going to watch Yojimbo next, but I'll check out Rashomon first.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've never actually seen Love Actually.

Saw Jason and the Argonauts at the drive in with my parents a special treat before I started prep (kindergarten or whatever it is you call the first year of school where you come from) and had nightmares for a month and decided I was never ever going to school (my school bag had been packed for a month).

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...