DAY 1 IN AGAIN

Juanrmartino2

Juan,

I'm happy you keep trying to quit.  It is clear that you know life is better as a non-smoker.

Still, those first few hours and days are really tough.  Once you make it through them, things slowly get better.  With time, a lot better.

Do yourself a favor.  Commit to never taking another puff (NOPE) and, if you are struggling and tempted to light up, reach out here first and post an SOS.

You can do this.  It is tough early on but quitting is very doable. 

The long term rewards to a smoke free life are worth the early struggles.  You just have to commit to NOPE.

• Like 5

Congrats on getting past day 1 AGAIN Juan. I kinda get the feeling that you're still not completely ready to quit. You want to, which is good, but you also have to be ready to quit. That means throwing out all smoking related items you have. Sticking close and SOS'ing when you feel yourself caving to a crave. I promise you that when you truly are ready you WILL not relapse over and over again. Instead you'll do anything and everything necessary to keep your quit.

• Like 5

You really need to break this cycle you are caught up in Juan of connecting smoking with things that happen in your daily life. Those stressful things will happen to you no matter if you smoke or don't smoke.

Do you really want to keep trading your quit for a 5 second rush of dopamine that gives you that short lived pleasurable feeling because that's what you keep doing and that my friend is what is keeping your addiction alive, fully awake and demanding you keep servicing it?

I can't think of a worse trade-off. Do whatever you have to do but never, never, never light up a cigarette and take a puff. You deserve better than being stuck in a constant cycle of early withdrawal! There's only one way to break that - NOPE!!

You have 30 hours quit now, add another 24 to that then after that is done, add another 24 the next day. Just focus 1 day at a time for now - just quit for today!

• Like 5

Brilliant ....youv,e done two almost ....now go for three....

Use the SOS if you need is Juan ....I've seen countless of quits saved by this ...

Craves are just a thought....you don't have to act on a thought ..let it go ...stay strong ...

It's your life Juan ...don't leave it until it's too late ...

• Like 3

Where are you Juan ?

Don't go away and stay gone for years again.

This is ridiculous....you can quit.  

You haven't been here since Sunday.

What are we to think ?

Are you enjoying your cigarette ?

I think not.

We can't quit for you, Juan.

But, you have the power when you choose to use it.

• Like 3

Juan,

Smoking hides a lot of major issues we haven't addressed in our lives.

Some physical, some metal and some spiritual.

Please,

use quitting as a catalyst for acknowledging other truths that need addressing in your life.

If your work in the hospital is upsetting you, there are alternatives that do not involve smoking.

You may need to look deeper into what is troubling you.

Love,

S

• Like 1