How did you quit?

greenlight

9 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

I wasn't too keen on her at the time because she was quite brusque and not like the previous ones but I must thank her though as I really needed that kind of approach. A big kick up the ass it was and much appreciated.

I felt the same way about my new Dr. He was so mean to me about my health because of smoking. Now I LOVE him! He's so nice lol. It was the kick in the mass I needed too. The "i'll show him" mentality was the push I needed

• Like 3

On 9/9/2019 at 9:39 AM, mightyboosh said:

My quit is only a couple of weeks old so some will remember my introductory post but here is a reminder.

I've suffered from poor circulation in my right leg for a few years knowing full well that it was due to smoking. However, my latest test showed a move from 80% efficiently down to 70%. The particular nurse who did the test didn't beat about the bush and said I could eventually lose my leg if I didn't quit. Other medics have told me of the dangers before but she had a manner and piercing gaze that finally made me see sense. I wasn't too keen on her at the time because she was quite brusque and not like the previous ones but I must thank her though as I really needed that kind of approach. A big kick up the ass it was and much appreciated.

You might want to make a Pre Respond To Your Own SOS with exactly this, Mighty One.

I know it's not likely you will ever forget the terror of the thought of amputation but, addiction is fierce.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 3:39 PM, mightyboosh said:

My quit is only a couple of weeks old so some will remember my introductory post but here is a reminder.

I've suffered from poor circulation in my right leg for a few years knowing full well that it was due to smoking. However, my latest test showed a move from 80% efficiently down to 70%. The particular nurse who did the test didn't beat about the bush and said I could eventually lose my leg if I didn't quit. Other medics have told me of the dangers before but she had a manner and piercing gaze that finally made me see sense. I wasn't too keen on her at the time because she was quite brusque and not like the previous ones but I must thank her though as I really needed that kind of approach. A big kick up the ass it was and much appreciated.

Catching up on the posts now. Wow @mightyboosh that is big! How are you doing and feeling now? How is your quit going? 

22 hours ago, greenlight said:

How are you doing and feeling now? How is your quit going? 

Thanks for asking. I'm doing great with no major craves. I'm not complacent though and never will be because of my first quit in 1997.

There is a walk I do sometimes as part of my work and that is getting easier now. My leg still hurts because it's early days still but I did it today and didn't stop. The last time I did it, I had to stop four times.

I also took my BP at work and it was 116 over 69. I am on pills for it but before I quit, it was still too high even with the medication.

I'm wondering if I will be able to come off them as I improve in fitness. That would be something to tell about on here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mightyboosh said:

Thanks for asking. I'm doing great with no major craves. I'm not complacent though and never will be because of my first quit in 1997.

There is a walk I do sometimes as part of my work and that is getting easier now. My leg still hurts because it's early days still but I did it today and didn't stop. The last time I did it, I had to stop four times.

I also took my BP at work and it was 116 over 69. I am on pills for it but before I quit, it was still too high even with the medication.

I'm wondering if I will be able to come off them as I improve in fitness. That would be something to tell about on here.

here is some information about medication adjustments

• Like 2

I smoked for a 5 years and searched for a way to stop smoking.
i recommend the video guide i made to stop smoking.
type in youtube

"a healthy way to stop smoking"

or here the link 

Its a short guide around 8 min and if you follow it  for a month it would be easier for you to stop smoking entirely . getting over your psychologies habits and  substitute physical   smoke craving is important to succeed stopping smoking. Even if you broke up and smoked a cigaret?! don't stop trying give up smoking. The longer you don't stop smoke, the easier it becomes  after a month or two you already feel difference. Best regards.

Edited by dedragonx
  • Like 1