Quitting tomorrow

mightyboosh

On 8/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, reciprocity said:

Oh and yes .... both our tickers are still toast it would appear 😞 

I know what the reason is. I didn't know this but I must be a Time Lord and have inadvertently stopped time for the tickers.

The good news is that no one on here will age any more. I think that's the most plausible explanation don't you?

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

I know what the reason is. I didn't know this but I must be a Time Lord and have inadvertently stopped time for the tickers.

The good news is that no one on here will age any more. I think that's the most plausible explanation don't you?

Maybe? But I do know; neither of ours has budged since we changed them - lol. 

Not worth making a new on every day but it is nice as a new quitter to have one because it increases both pride in what you are accomplishing and strengthens your motivation for days ahead.

For me, as B.B. King once said; "The Thrill Is Gone". It's hard for me to even imagine myself as a smoker now after a couple of years quit.  Now when I look at the volume of cigarettes not smoked, I find that pretty shocking because in my head I immediately translate that number into the number of cigarettes I did smoke all those years I was a smoker and that's a crazy high number 😞  

So, the moral of this story is, do whatever you have to to make this quit stick! We can't change the past but we CAN shape our future :)  

This is YOUR golden opportunity to do just that!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, jillar said:

@mightyboosh, you can also create one at http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com and you may have better luck with it working :)

I'm not getting another ticker until they start representing the $$ saved with .....(wait for it) ........ Number of Coors Light Paid For After Quitting!

0001092_coors-light-cl06-8-can-acdc-elec

(No worries Mighty. You'll get that one after you've been here awhile 😂)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

I'm not getting another ticker until they start representing the $$ saved with .....(wait for it) ........ Number of Coors Light Paid For After Quitting!

0001092_coors-light-cl06-8-can-acdc-elec

(No worries Mighty. You'll get that one after you've been here awhile 😂)

Are you peeking in my window?! 😄😄

man-spying-binoculars-featured.jpg

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I was tested yesterday following a heated argument where adrenalin levels were sky high. My brother was with me who had some smokes with him but you know what, it wasn't even an option in my mind to have one. I know that in previous attempts, I would have reached for one.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

It is amazing how many a****holes appear when you quit smoking😄. Keep hanging tough mightyboosh.  You got this!

1 hour ago, mightyboosh said:

Ha, you're right. How long does this phase last?

I don't think that phase ever ends, unfortunately.  They still appear frequently for me, just don't let them threaten your quit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Emotions run on ultra high for quite a while as we are reshaping our lives to function comfortably as non smokers. Just don't let those emotions lead you back to smoking. Remember to put your quit first over everything else, as you clearly did this time. Learning to do that no matter what life event is unfolding will get you to where you want to be. We've all gone through similar issues and we all came out as solid non smokers. You can too!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

It is amazing how many a****holes appear when you quit smoking😄. Keep hanging tough mightyboosh.  You got this!

13 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

Ha, you're right. How long does this phase last?

Maybe a lifetime, but the resulting craves and triggers go away much faster.  

• Like 4

On 9/2/2019 at 2:02 PM, mightyboosh said:

I'm feeling good. I forget about it for long periods. I can't believe how much more energetic I am after only one week and a bit.

You have a great quit going on, mighty one !

I am so glad you are reaping the rewards so quickly...many more to follow.

Great to see your NOPE.  I am so happy you quit and are sharing your quit with us.

• Like 2