Quitting tomorrow

mightyboosh

used to pay £3-50 for 20 cigs so they were either fake or from another country.

Does anyone know the extra poisons contained in those over and above the 'quality poisons'    used in properly manufactured ones.

Wow !!!!buddy ...that's cheap....they just have tasted like crap......

Well they all taste like crap ..no matter how much we paid ....

• Like 1

I've just walked around the park, a couple of miles, and stopped four times to allow my leg to calm down. It took about 45 minutes so I'll do that as often as I can and compare times.

I know that just 5 days ago, before I quit, it would have taken much longer and have been more painful. It's quite useful this strange oxygen stuff. 

• Like 4

I am so happy you are noticing such benefits quickly, mighty one.

The gifts will continue.

Oxygen became my favorite new drug !

I practice all sorts of breathing techniques now, the thrill of oxygen is still thrilling.

How could I have been so careless with this, I often ask myself.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mightyboosh said:

I used to pay £3-50 for 20 cigs so they were either fake or from another country.

Does anyone know the extra poisons contained in those over and above the 'quality poisons'  🤢  used in properly manufactured ones.

I can buy cheap smokes here from the Indian Reservation if I want to kill myself faster than smoking the regular coffin nails. Only the Chief knows what's in 'em, other than nicotine. There's no regulatory body looking into how those puppies are made😞 The really sad part is that the more expensive cigarettes get in the regulated world, the more people head to the Reservation for their supply. As smokers, we don't really want to know the truth about the choices we make. It's only after we quit that we start to lament some of those choices.

• Like 5

Hi and Welcome! Glad you’re here.  The ticker is great motivation!  I noticed you used the phrase “gave up”.  Remember you haven’t given up anything! You’ve regained control!  This is a positive move!  Congratulations on taking the leap into freedom!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mightyboosh said:

The taste buds are waking up nicely. I remember that from the first time I quit.

Should my ticker be updating itself. It's 5 days now.

Nice to be able to really taste food again :) 

Yes, your ticker should be updating but clearly is not. If you sign in anonymously then your ticker won't update. Maybe sign out then sign back in and make sure you don't check the "sign in anonymously" box. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Nice to be able to really taste food again :) 

Yes, your ticker should be updating but clearly is not. If you sign in anonymously then your ticker won't update. Maybe sign out then sign back in and make sure you don't check the "sign in anonymously" box. 

I've just signed out and in again and made sure the anonymous box isn't checked. 

I've just signed out and in again and made sure the anonymous box isn't checked. 

Have a look tomorrow and if there's no movement in the numbers I would delete it and redo another one using either Euros or $ as the currency. It may have something to do with the British pound issue?  If you're unsure how to delete the current ticker, PM me.

• Like 1

@mightyboosh, I stay signed in and also anonymous and my ticker works so I would redo yours with the dollar or Euro sign like reciprocity recommended. Glad your taste buds are in full bloom, that was one of the first positive things I noticed :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jillar said:

@mightyboosh, I stay signed in and also anonymous and my ticker works so I would redo yours with the dollar or Euro sign like reciprocity recommended. Glad your taste buds are in full bloom, that was one of the first positive things I noticed :)

Give that a try for sure. It may work. I know for awhile I was logged in anonymously and my ticker never moved at all during that time. Maybe coincidence; don't know. Actually, I'm not sure mine is working now or not. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see.

On 8/26/2019 at 3:31 PM, mightyboosh said:

I've just walked around the park, a couple of miles, and stopped four times to allow my leg to calm down. It took about 45 minutes so I'll do that as often as I can and compare times.

I know that just 5 days ago, before I quit, it would have taken much longer and have been more painful. It's quite useful this strange oxygen stuff. 

Hey MightyB, ... I also had the leg calf cramp when walking and when I would stop it would be like immediate relief. A cardiologist sent me to vascular surgeon who went to put a stent into my leg through my groin area but it turned out to be blockage in my iliac artery that was causing the problem not further down in my leg. I had immediate relief after the procedure and have had no problems since. My point is they did not find the actual location of the problem until they did the stent procedure. Surgeon said cause of blockage was smoking. I had quit smoking about a week before the procedure and have not smoked since. Get a second opinion on your leg.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, BAT said:

Get a second opinion on your leg.

I planned on waiting a month then seeing the doc with stronger cards to play now I've given up. They never said it directly but I got the impression that they would be unwilling to do much surgery wise if I wasn't going to help myself by quitting.

• Like 4

I planned on waiting a month then seeing the doc with stronger cards to play now I've given up. They never said it directly but I got the impression that they would be unwilling to do much surgery wise if I wasn't going to help myself by quitting.

Seems fair. Why would they make the effort if you intend to go right on compromising your own health after the fact? Showing you have the sense and determination to make a huge improvement to your future overall health will make a large and positive impression with the medical people you are dealing with :) 

• Like 2

@reciprocity and @mightyboosh since my ticker is working but your tickers aren't I decided to do a little experiment last night and created a second ticker as a test ticker.

What I found was the ticker that  i copied the code and pasted  in my signature did not update. So I then created another one and instead of copying the code I copied the actual ticker and pasted that in my signature and it updates. 

So I would suggest deleting your current ticker from your sig and then making a new one by copying and pasting the actual ticker :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the heads up but I'm pretty sure that's what I did originally - copied the actual ticker image. I'll try it again and we'll see. Maybe I didn't copy the image after all. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong (just ask the wife about that :))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mightyboosh said:

I too copied the ticker directly.

I changed mine today and made sure I copied the image, not the code below the image. I'll see what happens by tomorrow - if it updates. Not confident that it will because it was reading 3 hours when I changed it and that was a couple of hours ago.

Maybe the ticker gods have it in for you and me mighty :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, mightyboosh said:

Have I come on here and jinxed the ticker? Doh! everything works fine then I come along...……………….😟

I'm talking to legal about that right now actually. You might want to lawyer up 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4