You Wish You Could Quit ....

Doreensfree

I have great news ...you can ....yes even you who has smoked for decades...

You can quit .....

Just imagine being free from cigarettes.....

Every smoker can kick this killer addiction ....all you need is the desire to be free..

We will help you ,support you ,100/00....

What have you got to lose ...nothing ...you could gain everything....

Deep down you know this addiction will get you in the end ...why wait for that ...

Don't be just another number....make a stand ....

You can do it ....we all did ....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

I can tell from our reinstated online user list that we have a lot of guests viewing topics. I was you until I found that one post from that one member which made me decide to sign up so I could post and thank him for all the support he was unknowingly giving me.

You need to register to post and we would love to meet and support you so won't you sign up today? :)

• Like 11

Yup! Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Quitting never killed anyone but smoking well ,you KNOW what the end game of doing that is so why not give quitting a try? You will find that you really do have it in you to quit! We are all the same and all of us who are quit were scared to try because of the unknown. How could I possible function as a nonsmoker? What will I do with my time? How can I get through life's stressful situation without smoking. We ALL pondered these questions as I'm sure you will but we are all here to tell you; It IS possible no matter who you are!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

We ALL pondered these questions as I'm sure you will but we are all here to tell you; It IS possible no matter who you are!

Those considering quitting probably have many questions...

How do I quit?  You just quit.  Don't put things in your mouth and light them on fire.  At the end of the day, that's all this process is: refraining from doing one thing repetitively.

What will I need to quit?  Commitment is the only prerequisite.  Education facilitates the process greatly.  And if you're looking for support, look no further, the Train has got your back.

Yeah but...isn't quitting hard?  It has its challenges, but oftentimes the actual difficulty of the quit never lives up to the hype we built for ourselves leading up to the quit.  Continuing to smoke is also a challenge, smoking takes much and gives nothing.  Pick your challenge.  Will you invest in yourself and enjoy the many benefits of quitting?  Or will you continue to sentence yourself to more time on the hamster wheel of futility that smoking is; a decision that will offer no positive returns.  The right decision is obvious.

What are the benefits of quitting?  I'm not even going to attempt to provide a comprehensive list of benefits; it's a long list.  Better health.  Improved quality of life.  A boost in self confidence.  The lessons we learn in quitting have a carryover effect that can help you improve your life in almost every way imaginable.  And of course...Freedom!

The process of quitting is simple.  It's free.  The benefits begin immediately and only accrue with time.  The process will benefit you in ways predicted and unforeseen.

So I close with one question of my own: What are you waiting for?

• Like 10

15 hours ago, jillar said:

I can tell from our reinstated online user list that we have a lot of guests viewing topics. I was you until I found that one post from that one member which made me decide to sign up so I could post and thank him for all the support he was unknowingly giving me.

You need to register to post and we would love to meet and support you so won't you sign up today? :)

Quitting is so much more fun on the train ...I swear it's being with these great folks here that helped me solidate my quit ....why do it alone ?

Quitting doesn't have to be doom and gloom ....quite the opposite ...I've had the ride of my life ...

I've not only kicked my killer addiction ...I've had fun doing it ....

Meeting new friends ...what can be better....

• Like 8

I never thought I would quit and I believed all the lies addiction feeds the addict.

Then, on a whim, I just did it.

Very quickly, I searched for information, 

how was I going to feel ?

how long was the withdrawal going to last ?

when would the smokey thoughts stop ?

Finding Joel Spitzer at WhyQuit.com and his Daily Quitting Lesson Guide,

I began to understand my nicotine addiction.

For the first ten months of my quit, I lurked here and there

joining to thank everybody for their experiences that helped me so much.

Staying for the camaraderie, the possibility of helping others and continuing my education of nicotine.

That was nearly six years ago and I say to you,

'If I can quit, everybody can quit'

• Like 8

Everyone on this board has gone through the process of reclaiming their freedom from tobacco.   

It's not impossible.  

It CAN be done and it's easier with comrades who know perils and pitfalls of addiction.

We are on your side and want to see you succeed.

• Like 4

C'mon smokers.  It really is not as difficult as you think.  

I smoked for 42 years and spent the last 15 years trying different methods to quit; always giving into the addiction.   I became so discouraged.  I knew the dangers of smoking and saw my father-in-law die of lung cancer from smoking.  I was so embarrassed and ashamed that I became a closet smoker.  As a result, I did not want to do much and mostly stayed home and smoked.  I was terrified I would die of a smoking related illness.  

One day, I stumbled across the Quittrain forum and started lurking and reading everything I could.  I finally summoned the courage to post and join in the conversations.  Everyone here jumped in and started guiding me.  These strangers seemed as if they had known me my whole life.  Of course they did, because at one time they were like me.  They knew what I needed to hear to muster the courage to quit.  With a little humor and encouragement, they held me up through the difficult weeks and guided me into a smoke free life.

Hop on the train and give it a try.  Freedom from nicotine addiction is a wonderful result.  

• Like 5

• 11 months later...