Made to my first month smokefree!

Diane R

Still loving  my badges! Well I made it though the first 30 days! There have been some cravings. But all in all not to bad. I have the habit I think the most at this point. But I’m finding I like not having cigarettes running the show! I don’t have to worry did I remember my cigarettes and lighter, when am I going to get to a smoking area etc. I feel free when this happens now! And the times I think about smoking are becoming less and less. And thanks again to everyone who has supported me in my quest to become a non smoker! This forum has been  invaluable to me and my success! I may not always post but I’m here everyday reading. 

A0F06037-6988-4DD5-B29C-FC2EE834B424.png

• Like 15

Congratulations on your First Month of Freedom !

Please reward yourself and continue with rewards for every trigger you conquer.

This assists your brain to recognize true rewards and deliver a bump of endorphins for all the right reasons.

I am so glad to hear you are continuing your education about nicotine addiction 

this builds a sturdy and successful forever and ever quit.

We are all so glad for you presence here and thank you for all your contributions.

• Like 6

Huge congrats Diane! That 1st month is so important. It's the toughest by far and you've put that in your rear view mirror now! It only gets better from here on in.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wow, you are doing amazingly well for one month down.  Big congratulations, Diane, and I've no doubt your great attitude has cemented this as you final quit.  This calls for a penguin party -- we're just staying in shape for all of your other big celebrations to come.  

image.png.8a9f35e4fbcc413062b0a2c96b836172.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks again everyone for all your support and  encouragement it really makes all the difference in the world. Coming here and reading everyone’s stories,  pledging nope every day which I know makes me accountable. Lord knows I need it. And let’s face it,  if you never smoked you just don’t understand. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone sorry I’ve been missing in action. Though the storm didn’t hit south Florida it did a real number on our friends and neighbors in The Bahamas. I have been quite busy helping with the  relief efforts to Grand Bahama. It’s only 60 miles from me. We spend a lot of time their in the summer. Please everyone pray for them and the lost souls. There are going to be thousands that  parish in the storm. I’m still keeping my quit. No smoking even with all the stress of a hurricane. God bless you all. I will be back on when things slow down a little so many things to do at the moment. 

• Like 6

Good for you on 2 fronts ..... keeping your quit while stressful life issues happened and for helping out to those poor people on Grand Bahama Island!

We will look forward to hearing more from you when you have more time. Godspeed in the relief efforts you are involved with and yes, we are praying for all those injured and lost to this horrible event.

• Like 3

Good to hear from you Diane, glad your house is safe but I'm sorry about your friends in the Bahamas. That's awesome that you can keep your quit and be there for them. Proof again, that if you want your quit bad enough you will succeed, xoxo

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3

Glad to hear your quit is strong, Diane, and that you were safe during the hurricane.  I feel for all impacted by the storm and I pray for your friends and family impacted by this.

I look forward to hearing more from you when things get settled.  Great job on keeping the quit.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...