Hi Everyone

NoNicChick

Not sure what to say other than here I am. I've tried to quit so many times that I've put a nicotine patch on to hopefully be successful with this quit. I quit once years ago cold turkey but can't seem to get there this time. I guess I'd rather have a patch on than keep going back to smoking. Whatever works, right?

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys. I'm going to read up on the information you have on your board and finally face this beast headon.

• Like 6

Welcome nonicchick you are in the right place. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive. I quit this time with Chantix. I’ve been smokefree for 3 weeks today. Whatever you have to do to quit. Patches didn’t work for me and cold turkey never worked for me either. Is today day 1 for you? 

Edited by Diane R
  • Like 6

Great decision NNC! Quitting is the best think you will ever do for yourself!

Read all you can here and watch as many Joel videos as you can. Educating yourself about this addiction is one of the greatest tools you will have to lead you to freedom. Take it 1 minuet, one hour and one day at a time initially. Just pledge your NOPE every day (Not One Puff Ever). It

s that simple (not easy but simple). You will have a legion of people here to support you and answer any questions you might have along the way.

Let's get this done for good!

• Like 6

Welcome aboard, NoNicChick! I used the patch to quit ...and found this place which has been so helpful in understanding my addiction. Read, read, read and watch the Joel videos. Pledge to NOPE daily over on the NOPE forum (as Reci states above) and get yourself a "ticker" (it is a link on the menu bar) and watch the days and $$ add up!  😎 

• Like 4

Welcome aboard @NoNicChick....

Glad you found us ....spent time reading and watching all Joel's videos...he covers just about everything you need to get you in the right track ...

Folks who stick around ,post often are the one most likely to succeed...

You will get all the support you need here...you can do it ...

• Like 4

Welcome NoNicChick.  So glad you found us.   I smoked for 42 years and could not find the courage to quit until I stumbled upon this forum.  The people here showed me how to get it done.

Dont' just read about the addictions and watch videos.  Visit the whole forum.  The NOPE pledge helps solidify your quit.  There are games to play and fun threads that help you get to know us all.

I look forward to helping you on your journey.

Linda

• Like 6

Welcome aboard @NoNicChick!!! Follow the advice given by all above, and you'll be fine. Personally, I haven't used the SOS feature before, but that's the place to go when a crave strikes. All the best and looking forward to your smoke free freedom. Don't forget to reward yourself for milestones which you think are important to you (could be an hour, week, few days, 2 weeks, month, a year, anything).

Edited by Ankush
  • Like 5

Welcome aboard NoNickChcik glad to have you along.  You will find a lot of help from here, some strange people at times and a lot of information to guide you along.  If NRT;s help, then they help so long as you stop from lighting up!!!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Diane R said:

Welcome nonicchick you are in the right place. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive. I quit this time with Chantix. I’ve been smokefree for 3 weeks today. Whatever you have to do to quit. Patches didn’t work for me and cold turkey never worked for me either. Is today day 1 for you? 

Thank you Diane! I guess you'd count today as Day 1...first full day. My last smoke was around 5:30pm yesterday. I'm having some cravings despite the patch but I'm hanging in there! Congrats on 3 weeks...thats great! I tried chantix last fall but I was one of the unfortunate ones that had mental health problems while taking it 😞

13 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Great decision NNC! Quitting is the best think you will ever do for yourself!

Read all you can here and watch as many Joel videos as you can. Educating yourself about this addiction is one of the greatest tools you will have to lead you to freedom. Take it 1 minuet, one hour and one day at a time initially. Just pledge your NOPE every day (Not One Puff Ever). It

s that simple (not easy but simple). You will have a legion of people here to support you and answer any questions you might have along the way.

Let's get this done for good!

Thank you Reciprocity. Other quits I've had, it was simple. The last one was surprisingly easy. That was back in 2013. This one's been hard (I've had many attempts over the last year or so but never lasted more than a couple days) Hoping this will be my sticky quit.

• Like 5

Welcome NoNicChick, keep posting and reading on here, and dont forget to give yourself regular treats, even small treats are great. You are'nt spending money on cigarettes now, so reward yourself for how well you are doing, it really does motivate you along.

Nope daily and stick to your patches, but most of all, keep your determination to quit no matter what.

All the best.

• Like 6

Welcome aboard NoNicChick.  Congratulations on setting yourself free from the smokes.

On 8/5/2019 at 9:24 PM, NoNicChick said:

I'm going to read up on the information you have on your board and finally face this beast headon.

Good call.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 6

Welcome aboard, NoNicChick.  Congrats on quitting smoking.

Stick around.  There is a lot of knowledge, support, and even fun that you can find here.  Quitting is a wonderful thing for you to do and we are here for you.

• Like 5

Welcome, @NoNicChick and huge congratulations on this decision! Without a doubt one of the best you'll ever make. How you get there doesn't matter, there are no prizes given whether you quit cold turkey or using NRT or some other way. The main thing is you quit and stick with it. And that is the best prize anyone, and all of us get. 

• Like 6

Welcome NNC sorry I missed this post - but kudo's on your goal for that sticky quit! It's a familiar road for alot of us as well. This place offers a treasure trove of information/education and just plain good old advise right at your finger tips 24/7! Use it to empower yourself - you got this!

• Like 2