[7 Day Nonic] 7 Day Quit Challenge!

Matt B

Hi there!

I'd like to set up this thread as a milestone or challenge thread that new quitters can post to day to track their progress.

Its also a great way for people to acknowledge their progress... I like the daily Nope pledge, but it doesn't have any context or sense of progression.

Its hard to reply to each person simply typing 'Nope'....

Hopefully threads like this will be ways to keep encouraging and celebrating and helping relapsers to keep pushing.

Rather than super long threads about why my quit is failing lets just get through each day - treat this like a long long race and keep pushing forward?

While I think the Celebrations thread is awesome, it feels a bit daunting for a Day 1 quitter to read about someone reaching 1 year or 5 years.

That's Mount Everest for us and can lead to a sense of disillusionment - but it is also inspirational no doubt!

We need a way to group people together at the same stage of their quit.

Once I have reached Day 7 I will open a 14 day challenge thread.

if I/we relapse then reset your counter and keep posting to this thread until you reach 7 days!! and PLAN to NEVER COME BACK to the 7 day challenge

Thanks,

Matt B

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 3

Who else wants to join me?? Even if you are not on Day 1, as long as you are less than 7 days into your quit then start posting!

If someone reaches 7 days, I'll open the next challenge

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 2

Thanks mate for touching base! Where are all the new quitters lol? Hopefully I’ll have a few buddies to help me in my progress. Previous best was 8 months with a couple of 3 month stints also. So I know I can do this. But so much easier when I’m not talking to myself 🤩 I have a phone app with chat but no threads so it has no sense of progress. Just on demand talking and encouragement etc

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 3

My quit date is 27th July, 2019 @Matt B. My previous quit date was 2nd April this year, but I blew it with one cigarette last week. So starting over. Your plan to keep quits going is good, and I'll go with it. I will, however, still take the daily Nope pledge, as it has helped me a lot. Also, welcome aboard!!!

• Like 5

Hi Ankush! 

Im soo glad someone else is with me here!

Sure I’ll also do the daily nope - it’s very powerful.

So you are on day 4 or 5?

Just post every day which day you are on. When you get to day 7 I’ll open the 14 day thread.

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 3

This is no game for me ;) but I know what you mean.. I’m trying to gamify ou4 quit so we stay motivated but I thought the games section was for computer and other games.. not a quit motivation thread?

• Like 1

Welcome Matt and congratulations on taking back your life. We have lots of newbies here but they all have different quit dates and many are well past the first week.

2019 quitters have named themselves the Ash kickers. It's another way to be bonded with your fellow newbies. Here's the logo if you'd like it for your signature :)

ashkickers resized 2.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations on your quit and welcome to QTrain !

Please avail yourself to all the information, the support and the fun as well.

The games are here for diversion and also to get to know and laugh with fellow quitters.

You might like to start a blog to chart your journey to a nicotine free life.

In looking at your avatar...OLD HABITS/NEW HABITS ...I saw an immediate RED FLAG.

I hope you understand this is way more than a habit, we are dealing with Nicotine Addiction.

Educate yourself about Addiction, this is one of the premier motivators.

With education and understanding the knowledge you will have a great chance of building a successful quit.

You may find this thread useful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Help Yourself Quit Smoking

Here are some materials you should make yourself familiar with

Videos to watch as you prepare to quit smoking

and this

Starting Day One

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

Welcome Matt i’m Just over 2 weeks in my quit. You will love it here. A lot of great information and helpful people, who all want to see you succeed. Which in this day and age is amazing all by itself. 

• Like 3

This is the perfect spot for this thread @Matt B.

So the games thread here is not anything about computer games...it's just games you can play to help get past a prickly moment, they are more social interaction. Music threads are good too. 

During my first week a customer in Sydney made a comment he had to call before I went on smoko...and I felt pretty stoked to tell him I'd quit...his advice, just worry about not smoking today, one day that's it. Only focus on the day. If ya into omens I quit just before an Ashes series, an still going strong so clearly Ashes season is a grouse time to quit.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Diane R said:

Jo  pardon my ignorance but what is ashes season? 

The Ashes are a series a cricket test matches played between Australia and England. Cricket is like baseball, only requiring more skill, talent and stamina 😉....so the two countries play a best if 5 series, but each game takes up to 5 days and you only have 2 innings each...and the winner gets this charming little trophy....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuIIPA8NTzB5S0lstrBOy

Which is the holy grail of cricket..it's a little terracotta pot 11cm (um about 4-5") that holds the ashes of a burnt bail. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Damona, thanks for checking in !  Congratulations on quitting smoking !

Please take advantage of this opportunity to educate yourself on nicotine addiction.

Knowledge is power !  Read EVERYTHING, watch all the vids.  You will build a successful quit.

I embedded a bunch of links earlier in this thread.  Have a look.

If you have any questions or concerns or just need encouragement please post.  We are looking out for you.

• Like 3