Linda Thomas is 1 Year Smoke Free!

notsmokinjo

I could not be more enthusiastic about offering up congratulations than I am in this thread.

You have been awesome Linda.  You started this process with fear and doubt.  You questioned your ability to quit even when the rest of us believed in you.  With time and through the ups and downs life throws at us, you just kept marching forward; step by step, day by day.  We had the opportunity to watch your quit become more solid as the distance between you and the smokes grew.  And now...Now you are a model for everything that is good and right with the Quit Train.  You not only built a great quit for yourself but have been helpful and welcoming to those following your lead.

You're an awesome lady and deserve every pat on the back you get in this thread.  It's been a treat to ride the Train with you over the last year...Welcome to the lido deck.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Diane R said:

So thank you for sharing your quit so others can be Inspired and know that they’re not alone and that some of the things they’re going through each and every quiter  has gone through! 

This is bang-on Diane! Every single quitter goes through the same process so never feel like you're alone. We have all fought those battles you are fighting now and those that persevere win the big prize - Freedom!

Linda Thomas is now truly Free!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wow.  What a party. Thank you all for celebrating with me and wishing me well.  In the beginning it seemed like a long road and I would never get to this day.  Towards the end,  I knew I would make it and it was just around the corner.

Newbies, know that you can get there too.  I smoked for 42 years and never felt quitting was going to happen.  Educate yourself, listen to these wonderful supporters and change your life for the better.  I am not that person that started this journey.  I am a much stronger, happier person.  Smoking is no longer a thought.  I can't believe I wasted so many years doing it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Linda Thomas.....not too many first and last names have ever traveled with us. That is unique.  Congrats on the year. Many more to come. Like to say I posted first to your party....working the night shift and all, but I missed it by a day. So I am first in wishing you well into the rest of your life...keep marching.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Belated Congratulations!! Great job Linda!! You fought like mad and made it through some downright dark times.  Welcome to the Lido!  You have earned every accolade given. 

Edited by Lust4Life
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1