Linda Thomas is 1 Year Smoke Free!

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @Linda ThomasĀ for being smoke free for 1 year! (And for growing a pair of big, hairy, quit balls šŸ˜‰)

Ā 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvEGdp6qkyQ4KdIYvLDMy

Ā 

Well done Linda! Twelve months ago you arrived here, timid and afraid and as you grew strong in your quit you started giving back, to the newbies coming behind, to those travelling with you and to the old phartes. You are an inspiration as is your journey. So sit back, watch the entertainment and have a drink as we raise our glasses for one of the most anticipated Woohoos in QT history and toast to your success.

Ā 

You little ripper!

Ā 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

We've watched and participated in one of the most amazingĀ metamorphosis ever Linda!

JeKJ7Hn.jpg

Ā 

You are now truly ready to soar to heights you never imagined.Ā 

OkvW1YE.gif

Ā 

Well done my friend .... well done! Welcome to the Lido deck!

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Linda, I've met quite a few people over the years since quitting smoking and none of them compares to the transformation I was privileged to witness in you. Reci is spot on with the butterfly analogy and being a part of your amazing journey is something I'll remember fondly for the rest of my life.

Thank you for paying it forward, thank you for all the laughs, thank you for being you and thank you for your friendship. You're a beautiful, smart, self confident ex smoker! Have a great day, and celebrate this awesome achievement :)

Ā 

ButterflyNRoseCongratulations1.gif

Edited by jillar
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

So this is my special woohoo, you @Linda ThomasĀ are an inspiration. So your very first post I thought oh I don't think this one will make it (glad I was wrong), you were so tentative and lacking in self belief.... and I read your post and re-read it and I wanted you to succeed (I want everyone to succeed) but the parallels we shared in our lives, I just wanted to reach across the distance and hold the little girl you had been and hug the woman you had become who wasn't the woman you should be. I wanted you to have what I have, freedom and the knowledge that I mean something and I am truely worthwhile, because you Linda are and from those very first posts I could see not smoking Linda peaking out yelling hey I'm here let me out...and I watched, as did everybody else, and I cheered as day by day you grew. I cried at the anguish in your posts, I cried at the love and support you blessed me with and everyone else with too. I rejoiced with you and for you. Growing up I was told if you could hold out your hand and count 5 true friends you were indeed blessed. I'm really blessed, I have more than 5 but you are one of them. Hugest congratulations my dear for looking at that mountain and taking your first scary arsed step and conquering it. It wasn't always easy, it wasn't always fun but you have a backbone of steel (and a big set of hairy quit balls) and you never gave up. I frickin heaps proud of ya....you have touched and changed my life for the better.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Linda, Huge Congratulations to you, for reaching your first year. I am happy that I got to know you and were able to follow your journey. Thanks for being openĀ about it, thanks for sharing your experiences, both the good Ć”nd less fortunate ones. Ive seen you cary them with your chinĀ up. I had really whished we could grab that coffee one dayĀ and talk about the things we have in common. I learned so much from you, do you realise?Ā 

Ā 

I hope you throw a really big celebration party, because you bloody well deserve it, dear Linda! You quit smoking for good!Ā 

Ā 

Look at this tree, glowing all year 'round, no season toĀ be skipped. You did them all, hero!

Ā 

20190801_080648.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

This is a great day for the Quit Train...

Sometimes I'm asked ...why I stay travelling on this fabulous train...well I think the answer is easy ....

I love seeing a newbie arrive ,unsure ,quiet,and seeking a way forward to stop smoking ...

When you arrived ...we knew you were special....

You are a kind ,loyal,considerate lady ....who has a place in my heart ...

I feel lucky to have met the most amazing friends here..on board and off......

It is a honour to share this day with you ...and I hope you reward yourself handsomely for all your hard work and perseverance...getting to the Lido ...

Enjoy the day ...I've sent you two special gifts ....take your drink ,while the captain shows you to your well earned seat ,right at the front ...

Love and hugs Sweetheart xxxxx

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Okay, now you all have me crying.Ā  Of course they are tears of joy.Ā Ā 

When I first logged onto this site, I was at a very low point in my life.Ā  I had no idea I was going to meet such special people, from around the globe,Ā  who knew I had the strength to make it to this point.Ā  You all have bought out the best in me and I thank you.Ā Ā 

@MLMR, you are right behind me and I will be there to help you celebrate.Ā  Don't give up on that cup of coffee.Ā  I am going to enjoy my golden years travelling and from what I hear, the Netherlands is the place to go - everything is legal!!!!!Ā 

@QueenB, I will be there with you through your journey.Ā  You are doing great.Ā 

@Rozuki, @notsmokinjo, @WeegieWomanĀ and @Doreensfree, you all have been my inspiration.Ā  Doreen, I love my gifts. Know that I plan on being around for a long time.

You all have saved my life and I will always hold you in my heart!

Linda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Lindy so happy to welcome you to the Lido deck.Ā  It has been a pleasure to get to know you and watch you grow during the past year.Ā  You have shown the way during your quitĀ  -- both the difficult times and the good times, also you have added so much to the group.Ā  Congrats on 1 year quit and party hardy today -- you so deserve it!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

So happy for you Linda!Ā  You tried, saw that you couldĀ do it, and are now reaping the rewards of being a non-smoker!Ā  Big congratulations to you and enjoy your smoke free life!

Ā 

tenor.gif?itemid=5683993

Edited by Damona
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Dear darling Linda,

You have become a huge part of this board while you have been on your nicotine free journey.

On every step of the way,Ā  you have shown your determination to quitĀ and your care of others.

Ā 

I know it hasn't been an easy year for you.Ā 

Life has given you some real struggles and sorrows

but, you have persevered and come out the other side a very powerful woman.

Ā 

This metamorphosis has been extraordinary to witness...

here are someĀ excerpts from your introductory thread,Ā  postedĀ August 1, 2018:

Ā 

"...I have been experiencing so much depression and feelings of helplessness lately

and a big part of that is the fear of what smoking is doing to me.Ā 

I have been ashamed of my addiction for a long time and just want to stay home to smoke.Ā 

I have lost all motivation in so many things that I enjoy.Ā 

Sometimes I feel like I would just like to give up.Ā 

I don't feel I can share these feeling with anyone close to me.Ā Ā 

Today is a new day and I am starting it with the challenge of not having that morning smoke.Ā 

That is a tough one.Ā  I will lean on you all and pray that this time I can have some success! "

Ā 

Well, you have built a most sturdy and successful quit, indeed !

Thank you for not giving up on yourself !

We love you so much and are so very happy to celebrate your first year with you.

Thank you for sharing your support, your love, your humor and your quit with us, thank you very, very much.

Others have used the metaphor of a chrysalis in this celebratory thread, it is completely apropos.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, hope you celebrate wildly !Ā  We are all here with bells on !

NOPE-ly yours and with all love,

your friend,

S

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Congratulations Linda and welcome to the Lido Deck!Ā  From someone who started out with so much doubt and fear (and let's face it, high drama) you really evolved into a solid quitter who's primary concern is supporting others through this process.Ā  You deserve a party to end all parties!

Ā 

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

You did it, Linda!Ā  Time to celebrate your very own New Year's Day.Ā  You're unstoppable now so the party will keep following you wherever you go.Ā 

Enjoy allĀ the rewards you've earned from the hard work you put in last year.Ā  Ā Cheers, and Happy New Quit Year!Ā Ā 

Ā 

image.png.965b1a0318c703690b03bfc23f82b0b0.png

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Yay go Linda! Congrats to you! Quitting is no easy task. Itā€™s not for sissies. Though I donā€™t say much about it some days are very hard for me. I Ā spend much of my time on her reading other peoples stories. They give me the power to not walk out to the garage and smoke. So thank you for sharing your quit so others can be Inspired and know that theyā€™re not alone and that some of the thingsĀ theyā€™re going through each and every quiterĀ Ā has gone through!Ā 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3