"If I Go Back To Smoking, I'll Just Quit Again"

Sazerac

@Doreensfree I still have those post-its all over my room that say "Never Take Another Puff". Yet, I relapsed yesterday. Probably shows that no matter what I try, Nicodemon can come back, I have to still learn to be smarter than the cigarettes.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ankush said:

@Doreensfree I still have those post-its all over my room that say "Never Take Another Puff". Yet, I relapsed yesterday. Probably shows that no matter what I try, Nicodemon can come back, I have to still learn to be smarter than the cigarettes.

Knowledge ...you outsmart the bugger...you learn everything you can about this horrible killer addiction ,and fight it with everything youv,e got ...

Read,read ..watch all the videos...go back here and read old posts ..gather all the information you need .

This is how it's done ...your are smarter ,you just have to believe it ...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ankush said:

@Jordan7 Yes, that's why I get the error. The cost of cigarettes also depends on the brand. I was using the brand with the lowest cost. In addition to this, the quantity I used to smoke sometimes varied on a day to day and month to month basis. At the time of my first quit, it was around 3-4 cigarettes a day which cost me around 16 rupees a day.

That's about 23 cents a day, or a little less than a quarter of a dollar, so if you want to do a ticker just put $1 (the minimum required amount for the ticker to work)  in the daily cost amount and know that as it adds up  you always have to divide that figure by 4 to get the approximate amount saved.  You can still plug in the average number of daily cigarettes and watch those add up too.   

• Like 3

@Jordan7 Yes, that's a good point. I calculated though (manually), I have spent approximately $9500 on cigarettes till date and smoked around 40880. What a profound waste. If I hadn't started smoking and had saved the amount of money I spent on cigarettes everyday little by little, I would have been able to buy the used car I always wanted around 10 years ago. The car isn't even available anymore in the used car market. Also my estimate of how much I've spent on cigarettes is most likely very skewed because the price of cigarettes has changed over the years as have my brands and their respective prices as well.

@MLMR Thank you for encouraging me :)

Edited by Ankush

Great work Ankush! As others have said, takes courage to get up, put your mistake behind you and carry right on with your quit! I think you should change your quit date back to 7-26-2019 though. Your last cigarette was on that date so that is your quit date.

• Like 1

@reciprocity Yes, but I had a cigarette. Having the cigarette doesn't make it a quit date for me, its the date I relapsed. So the day's damage is done. I am taking 27th as the quit date because starting today (again), I have not had a smoke. So yesterday was like a relapse day, and today is the quit day since starting today (again), no smoking.

• Like 4

I am so glad you jumped back on the train, @Ankush,

You are an important member here and I look forward to all your posts.  

You are so supportive of others quitting and very clear about your journey.

How are you feeling ?

Having withdrawal symptoms ?

or ?

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

Congratulations on wasting no time in restarting your quit.   I’ve been there.  It is frustrating, infuriating & heartbreaking.   I’ve frequently seen you around here. Now more than ever- stay close.  

Life will come around and punch us in the face no matter what stage we are in our quit.   Knowing this, make a plan on how to deal with crap that will thrown next time. A plan that doesn’t involve smoking.   A plan that makes you better & stronger.

• Like 4

On 7/28/2019 at 3:47 AM, Ankush said:

@Sazerac Oddly enough, no withdrawal symptoms so far, and that's a good thing. Just finished exercising, having a nice bath and taking the dogs out for their toilet. Had plenty of water. 

Oh, I am glad you are feeling OK.

Stay focused and NOPE your way through your days.

• Like 1