Craving

Good on you for posting Michelle. Try my air cigarette to get you past the crave. Just pretend you're holding a cig and go through the motions of "smoking" it. It worked unbelievably well at tricking my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing. You can also use a cut straw or pen, etc. 

Unfortunately even with the patch you are going to face some pretty bad craves but each one you get past makes you stronger and them weaker, so power through. You CAN do it :) 

• Like 4

Hang in there Michelle, try to distract yourself with something else.  I would do crazy stuff like walk around the house and say random stuff like:

Lions and Tigers and Bears!!  louder and louder each time, and my family would look at me and we would all laugh.  Just do something else!!!

• Like 5

You can do this Michelle.  Deep breaths worked for me.  As I would breath in, I concentrated on the clean air filling my lungs.  Set your sights on the future of life without cigarettes and don't let yourself down! 

• Like 4

Thanks guys. I've been doing everything you've suggested: cold water, deep breathing, distraction, and I'm currently reading through educational material on the site. Part of me wonders if its going to hurt to dwell on it by staying on the board or if I should immerse myself in something else. But since my craving has settled down since reading things under the "big tobacco" ad I guess I have my answer 🙂 Thank you all for being here

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MichelleDoesntSmokeAnymore said:

Part of me wonders if its going to hurt to dwell on it by staying on the board or if I should immerse myself in something else.

You've already tried immersing yourself in something else and it always leads you back to smoking. Try sticking close this time, it worked for me and many others and it's a great way to keep your mind off the craves!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Sweets said:

Hi, I'm new here, first post. I have 2 days of no smoking under my belt. I used patches before with some success for a month but relapsed. I'm taking chantix right now and I'm simply amazed at how it's knocked out my cravings.

Welcome, Sweets and congratulations on your first two days of Freedom.

You may find this thread helpful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Stop Using Nicotine

Remember, even if you experience craves and triggers

these are not commands to smoke !  Just your brain re-calibrating.

You quit smoking !

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

Welcome aboard our train full of quitters sweets and congratulations on two days smoke free. Chianti has helped a lot of people. I tried using it years ago and it worked great until I stopped taking it too soon. So I recommend taking it for the full 90 days to insure your success on it :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sweets said:

Hi, I'm new here, first post. I have 2 days of no smoking under my belt. I used patches before with some success for a month but relapsed. I'm taking chantix right now and I'm simply amazed at how it's knocked out my cravings.

Congratulations on quitting Sweets!  This forum is a wonderful place for help and support during your quit.  It takes a couple of days to get the nicotine out of your system and then it is just a matter of changing your thinking.  You can do this.  Shout out if you need us!

• Like 4

Welcome aboard ... congratulations....on the great decision on taking your life back ...

Take time to read the info here...there is so much to help you along on your journey.....

Take it one day at a time ....you can do it .....believe in yourself ...x

• Like 1