What are things that help you stay a non smoker.

Diane R

On 7/19/2019 at 11:28 AM, Diane R said:

Hello everyone,

since most have you have a much longer quit than me what are the things that stop you from letting that nasty 🤢  addiction creep back into your life? 

Hi Diane,

You already know what to do, to not smoke again. You just do not smoke.

You were not born as a smoker, so your brain in both conscious and inconscious manners has memory of how life was without cigarettes.

Just because you learned how to be a smoker, does not mean that forever you are to be a slave to the addiction.

It takes time for your brain to return to handling life without cigarettes, but it will. It did it before you became a smoker, and it will do it again now that you have quit. Just be patient, and most important thing is to not be afraid of nicotine addiction. It is not a monster hiding and waiting to get you. It has no intelligence. And no power. You control the it 100%. As long as you do not put nicotine in your body again, it will stay asleep.

Cristóbal

• Like 6

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I went out tonight had a few drinks and dinner, than went over to the beach and listen to a band had a couple of drinks. People where smoking it didn’t bother me in the least. I’m no longer a smoker. I will not pick up any thing put it in my mouth and lite it on fire. Grant it you can’t smoke in a restaurant so that was no problem. But you can smoke outside where the band was playing. I think I did a good job of not smoking. Baby steps. I can’t hide in the house forever. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I only had a few drinks with dinner. I feel like I have to put myself out there. The world isn’t going to change because I stopped smoking. If I got  i’m comfortable at anytime I would have just left. But it really didn’t bother me. 

• Like 2