Say What - A to Z slang/colloquialism game.

notsmokinjo

So this used to live elsewhere on a Sundee but ya know wot it deserves its own home. So the concept is simple...following the alphabet list a slang word that's normal for you, an example and a translation (those Scottish lasses, The Wees, have some pearlers).

Those trixy letters can be skipped although we do encourage @Sslip's Algebraic Law Of X, or playing a SLOX where you start with x= ## and the number starts your play...or, X=69 😉

Spose I betta go first..

Avo.

pronounced Av-oh

Example: yeah-NAH ta, I'll av some avo on me sanga.

Translation: yes thanks, I'll have some avocado on my sandwich.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

(^has another meaning down here so can revisit next time round)

In like Flynn ....

To quickly achieve a goal or success, often sexually...

Did you catch Kev at the bar last night, he buggered off early cos he was in like Flynn with that chick.

• Like 4

Her you mob up north sure as shit have different meanings for things...

Lingo

say it right: ling-go

Meaning: language

Some people reckon we speak our own lingo but I dunno pretty sure we all just talk English.

Snap.....hmmmm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mongrel 

Considering I live in a country where ya call ya enemies mate and ya mates cvnts.....this is actually a pretty big insult. It denotes a person or behaviour who is lower than low.

Gee that Toby Green is a real mongrel. Did ya see him kick Dahlhaus in the face. Total mongrel act.

Edited by notsmokinjo
Frickin auto correct...gets it wrong.
  • Like 3

Skid-Mark
    "Big-Jake wants me to wash the skid-mark out of his boxers and I don't know how to say no."  😞
 Skid-Mark ~ A stain in the rear section of a persons underwear

Edited by Eight-Toe Joe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3