First Days

Diane R

1 hour ago, Diane R said:

I look at it this way if I think about ever putting a cigarette in my mouth I’m going to remember how awful I have felt when I quit. That should do it. At least I hope. This is no fun at all. And I’m not a spring chicken lol 😝 

Pretty much how I still look at it Diane :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diane R said:

Thanks BKP! I’m Just  waiting for this  burst of energy everyone says they get. where’s mine 😝 

Diane, I think that only comes before birth 😁.  I did not have a burst of energy but did feel more powerful each day.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2019 at 10:11 AM, Diane R said:

The first days can seem like the longest days of your life.

Our perception of time ebbs and flows throughout our lives.  When we quit, we start doing two things: watching the clock and feeling somewhat bored as we're trying to figure out what to do with our time now.  That's a combination that seemingly brings time to a screeching halt.

You settle into your new life as a non-smoker, put some time between you and cigarettes, leave some milestones in the rear view...and before you know it the clock is moving at normal speed again.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:54 PM, Diane R said:

I keep telling myself  patience is a virtue but it’s not helping very much lol. And I also have a lab Jordan7 my baby boy Samson. He been staying close by me. He knows something is different. Such smart dogs. I would walk him more if I had the Energy. I miss that the most. I can’t wait to have my energy back so I can join the gym! 

I have a black lab, his name is Cash.  If Samson is anything like Cash, you could always pass the time throwing a tennis ball for him to fetch.  He never gets tired of that game.

Eat.  Play.  Sleep.  Dogs are living the good life. 

• Like 2

Samson loves to play fetch. And he loves swimming. Which I had planned on doing again with him today but it’s raining here. South Florida summers never know what you will get. I put my quit post up on Facebook last night. I got a lot of you can do it. I didn’t really tell to many people I was quoting right away. I’m lucky that most of the family doesn’t smoke.  Hope everyone is have a good day! 

• Like 3